5,000 Miles Won't Keep Us Apart

5,000 Miles Won't Keep Us Apart

Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind.

5
5,000 Miles Won't Keep Us Apart
Destiny Brilene Haunss

There are people out there who lose touch with their friends when one moves far away, but that didn't stop us. We went from being 5 miles away to 1,135 miles away to over 5,000 miles away and that didn't stop our friendship. You have expanded your journey and wrote a new chapter in your life. Your journey began with a first love and that love grew stronger. The memories we had will last forever and always be cherished. Being so far apart, made our friendship grow and became stronger than ever. We instantly met in high school out of random and became sisters. So here is my letter to my Belle.

Some may call you Amanda, Mands, or That Married Hawaiian Girl but I call you Belle. Yes, Belle as in Beauty and the Best. Thank you for being my best friend even if you're not physically here on Long Island with me. Having a best friend that lives so far away sucks but once reunited, we pick up as if we never were apart. You're my go-to for everything. You're the one I call when I'm crying at 3 a.m. because I know you'll be up. The time difference sucks but benefits in a way. Coming to see you back in May after our journey through our Magic Kingdom in January, I saw how much your life has changed. Your life in Hawaii is an experience and a journey that you took on with your husband and I really couldn't be any more proud of you.

Thank you for being the best friend a little mermaid could ever have. Considering you live in a kingdom on ground as I live in a castle underwater. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme. As you're walking around on what are those called? Oh right, feet. Because you have those to walk along your new journey. As I wanna be a part of your world, I have to find a way that allows me to swim into a new lifestyle. You're the Belle to my Ariel.

Xoxo

Your Little Mermaid