5 TV Shows To Binge Watch When You Aren't Stressing About College
Television Streaming

My top five shows to binge watch as a college student.

51

Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu are a college students best friend. These are my top 5 shows you should watch while hanging out in your dorm room.

1. "The Office"

"The Office" is definitely an easy show to binge. Its dry humor and sarcasm can be hard to grasp at first, but eventually, you'll start chuckling at everything Michael says. The characters are all different, so you'll probably be able to relate to them in your own way. Not only is it a comedy, but it also adds in some romance and drama. The things that Dwight, Jim, Pam, and the others do will make you think that working at a paper company really isn't too bad. I don't want to spoil anything for you, so you'll just have to watch it on your own. (That's what she said.)

2. "Sex and the City"

"Sex and the City" is a total classic. I remember when I was younger I heard about the show, but there was no way I was going to watch it. When I got to college I realized there was a lot about the world I hadn't learned. I started watching this show and was instantly hooked. If you love Manhattan and the hustle and bustle of the city, you will fall in love with the show. Carrie Bradshaw and her three best friends show the true meaning of "girl power" as they take on life and love together in the big city.

3. "Gilmore Girls"

Another classic, "Gilmore Girls," is an amazing show to watch especially if you're leaving your mom for college. Rory and her mother Lorelai are best friends. It reminded me of my own mother and I, so I ended up watching all seven seasons in one month. It seemed to be so innocent at first, but it is more drama filled than expected. It's interesting to watch her go through high school, just like I did, and experience everything a normal teen would. And who wouldn't want to watch Melissa McCarthy every episode? Of course, I won't spoil this for anyone either, but I will always be #TeamLogan.

4. "The Flash"

I'm typically not into superhero movies or shows, but I was hooked to "The Flash." Rather than being just a basic hero who wins everything and gets the girl, Barry (The Flash) overcomes some pretty intense things throughout his life. After every season I thought the show was going to end, but they came up with so many twists. There was never a dull moment in the show, and you'll learn that not everything is as it seems. There's tragedy, romance, comedy, and a whole lot of drama. What else could you ask for in a show?

5. "Atypical"

"Atypical" is a very easy show to binge. It's honestly very fascinating and has a huge amount of drama. For Sam, life seems to be harder until he finds out that everyone's life is just as hard as his. Their family is different than most, and it taught me a lot of lessons to be a better person. You can finish one whole season in just one night with a couple of people. If you ever need a show to just watch one night with your friends, this is it.