'Five Nights at Freddy's: The Sister Location'

The story continues and the King of Hype reigns supreme!

30
Found via Google Images, credit to Five Nights at Freddy's Wiki

‘Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Sister Location’

The story and the trolls continue….

Scott Cawthon, creator of the horror franchise Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF), has made good on not one but two promises.

First promise: there would indeed be another chapter to the franchise in the form of the ‘sister location’ (what that entails as of yet this writer does not know).

Second promise: the game would drop on 10.07.2016. And drop it did indeed!

The second promise result is slightly unusual for the proclaimed (by this writer at least) King of Hype.

In the past, he promised a release date and dropped the game, by surprise, way earlier than he promised he would. This time the King of Hype took a different route. Instead, he posted a message on his Steam page (which can be viewed here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/506610/announcements/detail/880842622204541740) with a promise of a delay for the ‘family friendly’ version and a MA version release.

And at the end of the message, he left two things that were a blink and you’ll miss it type of thing.

First, he promised a chapter of the ‘mature audience’ version and gave the link for it over on Gamejolt.

This was the first troll. The game file wasn’t anything what people were expecting from the creator of the FNAF games. If you watch MatPat and The Game Theorists or Markiplier, you would have seen this by now and know how much of a troll this truly was (yesterday, as of the writing of this article, as a matter of fact [Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016]).

Then comes the second troll.

EDIT: (As most of you have figured out, the game's not delayed, see you Friday) ;)

Well done, Mr. Cawthon, well done. The King of Hype remains on his throne! The game in its entirety dropped today and the hype is as high as it ever has been. Now, what is the game like?

Not many videos have surfaced, as of yet but there are a few and they give a pretty good glimpse at the gameplay and mechanics Cawthon has laid out before us at The Sister Location.

If you watch Razzbowksi or the boys at 8-BitGaming over on YouTube, they’ve already put out videos covering the first few nights of the game. I won’t spoil everything because that will take away from the experience (even if you are only watching gameplay of it) but there are a few things I’ll let you in on.

First off, there is a ton of voice acting in this game. It’s a slight departure from the limited acting before now. And some of it gets just down right creepy.

Second of all, there is a huge departure from the games of the past. You are not confined to one room. There are at least four different rooms that you will traverse and interact with various elements in. And when I say at least, I mean at the very least. It’s a bit closer to an RPG in functionality than the rest of the games in the series.

Third, there are some little interludes between the nights that feel like they might be random, but if I know Cawthon and his design style they will play a larger part into the story of the location than we realize right now.

Last item to know is that it has a semi-free roam attribute to it. There are points in which you can deviate slightly from what you are instructed to do. Take advantage of that if you are playing. You may miss out on some important little story tidbits.

I plan on watching gameplay videos of this game from multiple channels over the oncoming days, as each one will bring something a little different to the table.

If horror is your thing and you are a fan of the FNAF franchise, keep an eye out for videos on YouTube. They won’t disappoint. Trust me.

Until next time guys –

See ya!