5 FAMU YouTubers You Have To Subscribe To

If you don't know, now you know.

242
FAMU.edu

YouTube just might be the greatest website to ever exist. Well, after Google of course.

The video sharing giant has launched everyday people like Tyler Oakley, Tori Kelly and Todrick Hall into the national spotlight.

So what potential YouTube stars do we have in our midst right here in Tallahassee?

Don't fret: as always, I got you. And because I'm excited to get back to my beloved university (we're less than a month away from move-in day!) I'll make this the FAMU-edition five YouTubers you have to subscribe to:

1. WestIndieRay

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Year of Graduation: 2017

Social Media: 'WestIndieRay' on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter

Channel Description: "I do beauty and wellness tutorials as well as give advice and speak about my personal experiences. I cater to minority women but my channel is kid-friendly so young girls can tune in without hearing profanity. I love natural hair tutorials because I like to encourage young, black women to embrace themselves and mix style with good health. I also like talking about social issues within the black community and to perpetuate a trend of modesty throughout my channel. I wanted to do something that my mother could be proud of."

I Chose FAMU because: "I wanted to add to my experience and go to an HBCU. I felt like it would help me get in touch and connect me to Black Americans and Black American culture since I am culturally Jamaican."

2. Just Call Me B

Major: Social Work

Year of Graduation: 2019

Social Media: 'Vintage_Kido' on Snapchat, 'CallMe___B' (three underscores) on Instagram, and 'KvngCasanovaa' on Twitter

Channel Description: "I just want to reach out and be the next great leader. Shortly before I attended FAMU, I searched YouTube for answers to my college needs. It never hit my soul until I realized that I was blessed to be on the 'Highest of Seven Hills' that Youtubing would be my favorite new hobby. The Black Excellence here at FAMU has allowed me to get in touch with myself and allow me to reach out to others that are just like me! My YouTube platform is a need-based platform geared around college essentials, Story Times, and great life advice. Transitioning from high school to college can be very nerve-wrecking, and I want to make your college experience the experience for YOU."

I love FAMU because: "My FAMU experience has been phenomenal! It's like once you go to FAMU you never know any other HBCU because FAMU is the epitome of black excellence."

3. CeCeBanks 96

Major: Biology Pre-Med

Year of Graduation: 2019

Social Media: 'CeceDidThat' on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter

Channel Description: "My channel is about my experience at FAMU, and sharing that experience with others. I also do sit down videos."

I Chose FAMU because: "When I got accepted, the welcoming vibe from the students and alumni was overwhelming. Once I went to orientation, I fell in love with the campus. It is the best decision I've ever made."

4. Nallah Brown

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Year of Graduation: 2019

Social Media: 'NallahB' on Instagram and 'Meet_Nallah' on Twitter

Channel Description: "My channel is a space for positivity. All that I post is lifestyle related, whether it's my college vlogs or my "sit down and talk" videos, with the occasional short film/concept video. My main purpose is to connect and uplift as many people as I can."

I Chose FAMU because: "I saw it as a place of opportunity for me. I get to be surrounded by people who look like me and are striving to be excellent! FAMU is home away from home and I am so grateful for my second home."

5. CeeDotCeeTV

Major: Theatre

Year of Graduation: 2013

Social Media: 'CeeDotSnaps' on Snapchat and 'CeeDotCee' on Twitter and Instagram

Channel Description: "My channel is a gumbo pot of comedic commentary on pop culture, TV shows, Story Time, and just a sprinkle of inspiration to top it off."

I Chose FAMU because: "I wanted to obtain the best training in theatre arts and after doing some research, I felt FAMU had the best program for me to gain that knowledge."