Five Easy Ways to Keep A Party Going

Five Easy Ways to Keep A Party Going

Hosting your own party can be a tough proposition, especially if it starts to go downhill.

8
Five Easy Ways to Keep A Party Going

.

Hosting your own party can be a tough proposition, especially if it starts to go downhill. You’ll need to get things back on track before your guests start asking “is there a liquor store near me?” and head for the door. To stop your crew from making their escape, you need to think fast to keep the party going! Here are a few tips that will help turn a snooze fest into a memory-making moment for everyone in attendance.

Plan Ahead

The best way to make sure everyone is having a good time at your shindig is to plan out the event ahead of time. While a good schedule might seem counterproductive to a swinging party, organizing things ahead of time will keep things flowing smoothly all night long. Some basic party planning ideas include:

• Theme: A themed party is sure to keep your guests engaged! Make sure you pick something that everyone enjoys, especially if it's built around a show or film.
  • Decorations: Liven up the party space with some on-theme ornamentation. Try placing unique decorations in out-of-the-way places for guests to discover as the night goes on!
  • Refreshments: If you’re wondering “Where is the liquor store near me?” you’re on the right track. Make sure you stock up on the kinds of drinks your partygoers prefer and don’t forget non-alcoholic options for guests who want to keep a level head.

Taking the time to plan your party will keep things running smoothly and help ease your hosting duties at the same time. If you already know how the night’s going to go, there’s no chance for party lulls to linger.

Musical Magic

There’s something about music at a party that really sets the mood. While not all get-togethers need to feature music like a DJ or live bands, some background music will always help keep everyone in a partying frame of mind. It’s a great idea to have music match your theme, but remember not to chain yourself to anything specific.

Guests may need you to spice things up before the night is through, and a fantastic option is to make music the main event! Start up some karaoke and you’re sure to get the house hopping. While a lot of people jump at the chance to sing their hearts out, you may have some asking if there’s a liquor store near me for a little liquid courage.

Raid the Game Shelf

Nothing brings people together quite like a good game. Something simple like an impromptu “Name That Tune” from your favorite playlist or a quick look through some YouTube film clips can quickly get the crowd involved and turn your party from dull to dynamic. When all else fails, pencils and paper make for great Pictionary-style fun, and Charades doesn’t need anything but a timer.

If you’ve got a closet full of board games, then your work is half done. While two-player options may not work, many board games work better with more participants. A deck of cards provides so many possibilities as well! No playing cards? Just tell your guests “I’m heading down to the liquor store near me to pick up some supplies,” and grab a deck while refilling the cooler!

Drinking Distractions

If you’re hosting a party where booze is a primary component, drinking games might just save the night. While people don’t usually need an excuse to drink at a party, your guests might appreciate an added challenge associated with their libations. Your local liquor store should have many of the necessary items to help organize some liquid-themed events.

Old classics such as beer pong may take a minute to set up, but the competition is surely worth it in the end as it is fun for players and spectators alike. For a drinking game that everyone can get into, pick your favorite album, series or film. Have everyone take a sip when a particular lyric repeats or an actor comes on screen.

Emergency Delivery

When the energy has really left the room, getting some food and alcohol delivered may give your guests their second wind. When it’s time to refuel and guests start asking you to run out for more burgers and booze, tell them “I don’t need a liquor store near me, I get my drinks delivered!” Turn to Grub Hub or Uber Eats for food delivery, especially if you’ve already drained a few glasses yourself. It’s always safer to have someone else do the driving!

Party Persistence

A lot of work goes into throwing a good party, but it’s paying attention to your guests that make it a great one. If you feel like your celebration is becoming too commonplace, switch things up to stop it from getting dull. Keep an eye on the energy in the room and you’ll find the best way to make your party an event all your guests will remember!