Fitness Instagram VS Reality

Fitness Instagram VS Reality

It's not all rainbows and sunshine.
263

We all see those fitness pages and models all over social media right? All their perfect bodies and workouts and eating habits? I’m here to tell you that it’s not all rainbows and sunshine. They only post the good poses that make them look flawless and even then they filter the photos. They also only post when they are making a healthy recipe or eating “clean” in that moment. They aren’t going to post that spoon full of cookie dough they impulsively ate at midnight that night or the giant piece of chocolate cake they had at a party. Fitness pages only show you the good angles and the healthy choices. They don’t really include the struggles.

I would like to share an example of myself. If you have read some of my previous articles or know me, you know I’m prepping for my first NPC Bikini show this year. This means I have lost a lot of weight and am working really hard for it. I do like to post pictures of my progress on social media to help show people that it’s possible to do what I’m doing and to see awesome results from healthy, smart eating and exercise. I’m also guilty of choosing the pictures that make me look the best too. But who isn’t? That’s normal. I just wanted to be real with you for a second and include some pictures of me just standing normal vs a common “good angle” pose to make it look better.

As you can see my standing at an angle to show off my flat mid-section doesn’t look the same as when I’m just relaxing sitting down. Pretty much everyone’s stomach has folds in it when you sit down. No need to be ashamed. It’s normal.

For this second picture, my booty looks pretty okay to me in the first picture but looks soooo much better in the second one when I pop my hip to stick it out a bit.

Above is just another example from one of my favorite online fitness role models. See? It’s not just me. Now I’m not saying that the fitness models on social media who look flawless are fake. They still look amazing with/without the filters and angles. I’m just reminding you that we ARE NOT perfect. We have bad angles and we have cheat meals and hard days where we just can’t say no to a chocolate bar. We are all human. Just remember that most of the time the fitness pages are showing you the best of times. So don’t beat yourself up for not being perfect like that.

If you mess up, brush it off and keep going because that’s the reality of the fitness world. You just never give up!