You were nice until you wasted my time for 5 months.
Dating

To the first Guy I ever Confessed My Feelings To

453
https://unsplash.com/photos/7KQe_8Meex8

I've always been the girl to keep my feelings to myself and to throw them in the back of my mind to not think about them. And it worked for most of my life only because those feelings I was keeping in weren't affecting anything I was doing.

But doing this never helped me learn how to tell people how I feel about anything. When people ask me if I'm okay before I even think of a response the words "I'm okay" have already left my mouth. So when I got tinder I knew I was setting myself up for failure. Before you, I never told anyone that I was interested in them. I never even talked to guys in a way that wasn't a friend way.

We met on tinder and our conversation led to planning a hookup within the first day. We hooked up about a week or so after we matched, which is usually the end of the conversation. But you snapped me the same night we hooked up, but we also had a streak so, go figure. You just wanted to keep a streak. So I sent snaps back to keep it.

There was no conversation, it was just us sending each other snaps once or twice a day to keep our streak. I wasn't really thinking about anything happening with you. But then out of the blue, you snapped me saying I was pretty. We weren't having a conversation, it was just totally random. After that the conversations kind of started. We were just talking about a lot of different things.

This is when I started to get interested in you.

But instead of telling you right away I just kept it to myself. I started to overthink everything, thinking things like these conversations are just friendly conversations.

Then I asked you if you would want to hang out sometime and you said yeah but I would have to remind you because you had to work a lot that week. I never reminded you because I didn't think you actually wanted to hang out, and then later when I asked if you wanted to hang out again your excuse was that you couldn't because you had to work a lot. But then you would post pictures on your Snapchat of you hanging out with other people. So I was just like whatever.

I finally told you that I was interested in you the first week of July, and you replied back "I'm with someone now." My initial thought was damn I really should've kept that to myself. And while I tried to tell myself to not care, I couldn't. Even though I had told myself before I even told you that I was interested in you that wouldn't be interested in me it still hurt. But what hurt wasn't the fact you were seeing someone it was the realization that this whole time I was just a person you hooked up with and kept talking too only for a dumb streak.

After that, I just couldn't keep my streak with you. Seeing your name pop up on my screen of you sending me a snap to keep a streak wasn't going to help me move on. So I ended our streak, you said you understood and then you unadded me from Snapchat a few days later or the same day. I don't really know but you did it at the perfect time because I was back at camp working for the summer and really wasn't on my phone as much.

Because of me not really knowing how to feel about certain things I didn't really know how I was supposed to feel about you basically leading me on and then rejecting me. And the more I thought about it the more I got over it.

Honestly, all I really have to say now is that you were a complete asshole for leading me on. My plan was to hook up with you and go my separate way but you initiated the conversation after our hook up. But it whatever because I might've cried but I didn't lose any sleep over you.