Finding Your Tribe Of People

Finding Your Tribe Of People

Aka people who keep you humble, grounded, mindful and anchored at your core.

124
Finding Your Tribe Of People
Jordon Halteman

We are all looking for our tribe. I do not mean the historically defined “social division of people with a common ancestor, descent or territory.” Rather, I mean a tribe of people who keep you humble, grounded, mindful and anchored at your core. It’s our innate desire as human beings to search for happiness, fulfillment and above all, relationships. Each and every one of us attempts to find and feel acceptance and a strong sense of belonging as we explore the endless possibilities the world has to offer.

We, without knowing it, spend much of our lives in seek of finding those who “get us,” those who inspire us, challenge us, love us and believe in us -- we search the world to find our tribe. This is something that makes us human. If you look at the happiest people, you should look no further than their closest friends as they without a doubt, contribute immensely to that happiness. You can often get an accurate judgment of one’s character based on who they surround themselves with. This is why it is undeniably true that your vibe attracts your tribe, and that your tribe is perhaps your greatest asset.

While some think that having 100 friends, for example, shows popularity, an abundance of personal connections and a wide-ranging group of friends, I counter that by questioning the rawness and authenticity of those relationships. I say that because anyone can form surface level bonds with others, but lucky are those who have a tribe that fuels their passions, supports their dreams, and emboldens their creativity. So while it can take a lifetime to find your soul mate or best friends, do not let time be a discouraging factor.

When you meet someone worthy of your tribe, you will know. You will be struck with the reality that the people who you surround yourself with are those who will give you meaning, guide you when you’ve veered off path, defend you when you cannot, lift you up when you’ve fallen, encourage you when you’re down, and above all, love you wholeheartedly for your flaws, for your imperfections, and all that you are. I urge you to choose your tribe wisely. Be exceptionally picky, boldly fastidious and make sure the people who surround you are those who make you the best version of yourself. Make sure your tribe is filled with those who fit the metaphor;

TRUTHFUL- genuinely honest.

RAW- original, authentic.

INSPIRING- having the effect of creating the feeling that you can do anything.

BENEVOLENT- well meaning, good intentioned, and kind.

ENTRANCING- to fill someone with wonder, delight and love.

The importance of a tribe lies somewhere between making this journey of life worth it and creating a life that inspires you to live. Cherish those currently in your tribe, and look forward to cherishing those who are yet to come.