Finding the Beauty in Making Mistakes

Finding the Beauty in Making Mistakes

Knowing that you make mistakes is part of learning that life doesn't come with instructions.

280
Finding the Beauty in Making Mistakes
eLearning Industry

Making mistakes can often be a moment of complete agony. Knowing that you did something that completely alters your situation for the worst and it's specifically your fault can be awful, there’s no one to blame but you. Mistakes can often be the foundation of learning and teachers encourage it so that you can learn from the things you did wrong. We have been told to make mistakes since before grade school. Yet we still hold onto this fear, and let this fear hold onto us, as adults.

I'm sure everyone reading this can agree that the best parts of making mistakes are either learning from them or laughing at them in the future. There are so many other things about mistakes that we overlook. At first sight of mistake, we are instantly taken back and discouraged. We shut down, hope no one saw that, try to move on and forget that mistake ever happened.

Why do mistakes have such a bad connotation? Dealing with being wrong is a struggle for everyone who is human and it is a part of growing. It in fact, makes you stronger. Instead of looking at the mistake we could possibly make we have to look at the opportunity itself. How will you benefit and how will it affect the people and life around you? Often times some are afraid to take opportunities because they may mess up or loose something they have already obtained. What we fail to realize is that our instincts are often right and we have nothing to loose. We give our insecurities have more power over us than our drive to achieve what we want. The simplest way to beat this is to alter your own thinking and tell yourself that if you succumb or mess up, life will go on and you will learn from it and make it right back.

How would a toddler know how to walk if they didn't make the mistake of letting go of their nearest support and going for it? Mistakes everywhere often lead to a better decision or outcome than what you were expecting. If there is no obvious benefit that you have earned,then know you have at least gained growth and knowledge from making that mistake. This knowledge will serve you later in life as you make similar decisions for situations like the one you messed up in. The important thing to remember is to never hold yourself back from making mistakes. Keep going for what you think is right and know that making mistakes is part of the process of learning from life and yourself.

I think that the most important thing to knows that you have complete control over your life and your thinking and where you want your life to go. Even if often it doesn’t seem like where you are is part of your "plan", you have the power to change and shift directions. If you make every decision with this in mind you will feel less fear of making mistakes because you know they are inevitable, and if they happen, you can fix them.