Finding Faith

Finding Faith

Trusting that everything will be okay, because someones looking out for you.

12
Finding Faith

Faith is such a peculiar thing. Putting your trust into something, someone that you cannot see, cannot hear, but feel with you every moment of the day. I speak to God at least twice a day, and i wont count the bad days. Growing up in a very liberal town, I believed that talking about my God, my religion, my faith, would somehow offend someone. So I always stayed quiet, people know I'm a catholic, people know i believe in God and go to church on Sunday. But i never talked about how it made me feel, how it made me feel to hear that someone else doesn't believe in something.

God is there for me all the time, no matter what. And when I think everything in my life is going to hell, i get to say "it's all going to be okay," and believe it. I know that God loves me and is looking after me, and wants nothing but the best for me. It gives me incredible strength just to know that theres someone that will help me, and give me guidance when no one else can. I look at the world around me and wonder how he did it, how he made something so perfect and beautiful. I'll never forget when my aunt told me about a college professor she had and he in his hand was a plastic bag. In that bag was a watch that had been taken apart completely. He looked at the bag and asked, "what are the odds that I can shake this bag a few times, and the watch will get put back together and begin to work again perfectly?" Everyone agreed, it was impossible, there was no way that you can put a functioning watch together by just shaking a bag. Just by chance, everything was exactly where it needed to be at the exact time it needed to be there. "that watch is our universe, our world," to believe that it could just happen like that is faith in something I suppose. Faith in science, that science is perfect, and never wrong.

When someone tells me they don't believe in anything, they don't "buy into the whole god thing," i feel sorry for them. I do. Not in a petty way, that Im more intelligent and well rounded that I have this thing that you don't so too bad for you I'm sorry. I feel bad because I know that when something really bad happens, their mind and soul, and heart has to face that all on its own. I have no clue what that would be like, no idea how that would feel. I respect everyones choices in life, regardless of skin color, religion, ethnicity, political party, or who they choose to love. Do whatever makes you happy, what makes your heart smile and your chest burn with joy. I'm not saying pick up a bible and try to start believing, im not saying if you don't believe in the lord that you're any less of a good human than the saints. I just pray for you, that you find something in your life that you believe in, that it helps you get through a bad day, I hope you find that, only because once you do, life gets easier.