Finding Confidence And Acceptance In God

I know how hard it is when someone doesn't like you

24
tumblr.com

I have always been someone who sought out the approval of others. It is something our society is pressured with every day. We seek to gain the approval of the opposite sex, friends, family, people with in our classes, and most commonly those who do not like us.

I can not tell you how many times I have tried beyond belief to get someone to like me, or have acted in ways I thought would win people’s approval, but why? There are 7 billion people in the world, and frankly, not everyone is going to like you, and that is OKAY. You don’t need every single person you meet to adore you to know just how special you are.

Galatians 1:10 “I’m not trying to win the approval of people but of God. If pleasing people were my goal then I would not be Christ’s servant.”

As Christians, the only opinion that should matter to us, is that of our heavenly father’s. There are going to be people who don’t approve of you, or what you are doing. That is OKAY. There will always be those people who will be jealous of you, and who won’t understand the way you are living your life. There will always be people who dislike you for your actions. And that is OKAY.

I have learned that the best thing to do, is focus on living one’s life as a servant to Christ. If we live life as the image of Christ, more people will be positively affected by you, than those who will judge you, or dislike you.

Remember to live as Christ commands us to live. Love those around you, despite what they may do to you, or how they treat you. If you know that your actions are impressing God, then the opinions of others should not mean anything to you. For those who judge you do not fully know your heart or who you are. After all, guys, we are simply a bunch of different sinners in the need of the same looking cross.

Your confidence should not come from those around you, but from realizing that your confidence is in Christ.

I pray that each and everyone of you takes on life with passion, without fear and backed with the love of God. I know how hard it is when someone doesn't like you, or you feel as if nothing you do is good enough for those on earth. But never forget that the love of God surpasses all understanding. God's love never fails, and He will never fail you. He loves you beyond anything you can imagine. Remember how wonderful you are my friends. Go out and live life in the Grace of God.