Find Someting That You Love Doing and Never Let It Go

Why I Didn't Give Up and Why You Shouldn't Either

12
sharadaryaz.files.wordpress.com

Everyone knows the famous saying by Albert Einstein: "Everyone's a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend its whole life believing it's stupid." This saying has always resonated with me since the moment I have heard it. The educational system can sometimes make children feel stupid for failing at a certain subject, but the issue is that maybe they have not yet found their niche in life. Once one finds that one thing they love doing and can do it well, it is important that they never let it go.

When I was younger I was given the impression that I would make it nowhere in life. I was not good at school. In fact, I was not really good at anything. I was even put into the lower-paced classes, which made my friends think I was not as smart as they were. Despite all of the adversity I had faced in schooling, I continued to try and become the "smart" person I always aspired to be.

As I got older teachers continued to tell me I was not smart and in high school one even went as far as to call me the "R" word. I was not good at school, but it was not because I could not do the work... it was because I didn't want to. I was uninterested in what they were teaching me. I could have easily given up on my education at this point, but I so badly wanted to prove all the people wrong who had once told me I would never be successful.

It was not until my senior year of high school that I had found something I really loved doing, which is writing. I held onto the hope it gave me so that I could continue to love it to this day. I wrote my way into college and took up a major that allowed me to write a lot. I am now what my past teachers would consider a "good student." This is only because I like writing, therefore I pour my heart into my efforts for it. When you love something enough, doing it becomes effortless. I found that finding what I loved doing was a key to a successful education for myself, and in turn I hope that it will lead me to a successful life.

The moral of the story is to never give up because you feel you are not meant to do something. It may just be that you have not found your niche in life. Once you find something you love doing then it becomes more than just something to do and more than just a hobby. It becomes your escape, your problem solver, and your positivity. No matter what anyone tells you, you can be successful and it can be in doing what you love. Just never lose hope.

Many people never get a chance to do what they love in life because they spend so much time trying to perfect the things they simply will never succeed in. The reality is that everyone is good at something, it just is up to that person to discover what it may be. No one is going to hand you happiness in life; you must work for it. Once you find that one thing that you love doing and genuinely care about what it does for you, your life begins to bare more of a purpose.