Find Someone Who Is Perfectly Imperfect

Find Someone Who Is Perfectly Imperfect

...But the perfect person for you.

44
Find Someone Who Is Perfectly Imperfect
Vanessa Hoffman

There's a cliche that your parents usually tell you after your first heartbreak. It's something along the lines of, "This is your first of many heartbreaks, and you'll go through so many before you find the person you're supposed to be with."
It's hard to tell who you're supposed to be with, but sometimes you find someone and everything just feels right. Every quality this person possesses is just what you've been looking for.

There are certain qualities a person should possess (and this is all relative to each person of course), and when you find someone with these qualities you should hold on tight and never let them go.

Find someone who…

…makes you feel like you’re the only person in the world.
You know that there is nobody else on their mind and you are the only person they want to be with. There’s no ex you’re worried about coming back into the picture. They aren't trying to choose between you and another person. There’s no question… you know they’re all about you. You’re the first thing on their mind when they wake up and the last thing on their mind when they go to sleep. Let's be real... you deserve someone who treats you're the best, not a second option but on the back burner for when you're most convenient.

If you're on the back burner, or they have to decide if they want to be with you, it's not worth it. There shouldn't be any doubt.

...makes sure you never go to bed unhappy.
Because who wants to end the day on a negative note? They will comfort you when you've had a rough day and they will make sure things are right between you if you had an argument or disagreement. At the end of the day, they will make sure you have a smile on your face.

…will talk things over and won’t leave anything unaddressed.
If you’re anything like me, you probably don’t like talking about feelings even though you're the most emotional person in the world. We don’t want to talk about issues and feelings and other important things that people in relationships should probably talk about. If this is you, find someone who wants to talk about feelings and put everything out in the open. Find someone that make you comfortable talking about what’s on your mind no matter how hard it is for people like us!

...listens to stories about your childhood and wants to know every detail.
They couldn't be there for the beginning part of your life, but they sure wish they could have been. They want to know all about your past. The tears and the laughter, the celebrations, the milestones, embarrassing stories, and everything in between. They will listen to your stories all day long and won't want to miss any detail of the story.

…will hold your hand.
Not the, “hey let me intertwine my fingers with yours and let them dangle" crap. Like, they actually hold your hand. You can feel their fingers on the back of your hand. The type of hand hold that lets you know that they don’t want to lose you and never want to let go.

…kisses you.
Yeah, people kiss. But I mean the type of kiss you get and you know they mean it.
They kiss your forehead. They kiss the back of your hand. They love all parts of you.

…doesn’t just want you for your body.
It's not all about sex. And they don’t just compliment your physical appearance. They compliment your character and your intellect, which is probably better than any physical compliment I could ever receive. They are attracted to all parts of you... physically, intellectually, morally. Every part of you is perfect to them.

…you can have fun with.
Someone who’s always down for a spontaneous adventure, but is also down to spend the night in to order pizza and watch movies. They will go along with any silly antic you throw their way. They make the best out of every situation, no matter how lame or boring it may seem.

...forgives easily.
They might be mad at you for a little or frustrated with what you do, but at the end of the day, everything is okay. They will welcome you back with arms wide open and a heart full of love.

…thinks you are perfect, even when you’re far from it.
And they will remind you everyday that you are perfect. Whether you have your ugly crying face on, or you are smiling ear to ear. When you have a face full of makeup or you are going all natural. Whether you’re drunk at 3 am or you've been up for 48 hours studying. No matter what, this person will think you are perfect. No matter what you do you will be perfect in their eyes. Nothing could turn this person away from you.

…listens.
You can talk with anyone, but not everyone will listen. Find the person that listens and remembers the little things about you. Someone who gives you their undivided attention when you’re talking to them. Someone that is so invested in your presence that even in a room full of people, you're the only one there. There’s no concept of time, and nothing else seems to matter in the world. Everything in the world is good and happy and perfect.

...picks up the piece of trash everyone keeps walking by.
A small but important gesture. It shows they care about the environment, which in translation means they probably care a great deal about a lot of other things in life, like their family, education, and being happy and successful.
(Who knew you could tell so much about a person by a simple gesture?)

…asks you how your day was.
To me, this is a tell-tale sign that someone is genuinely interested in your well-being. They were on your mind at some point in the day, and care enough to ask you about your day, your feelings, and the events that occurred throughout your day.

…is a positive light in your life.
They always see the best in every situation. They make you smile when you’re feeling down, but smile bigger when you’re already on top of the world. They motivate you to be a better person and make you look forward to waking up in the morning just because you know you get another day with someone who makes you so incredibly happy.

…loves fearlessly.
They aren’t afraid of love. They will show you off and are so proud to call you theirs. They love so deeply and aren’t afraid to tell you what they feel. They have nothing but good intentions.

...is loyal and honest.
They'll be real with you from day one. They will tell you how it is only because they care. You know they'll always be there for you and would drop everything if you ever needed them.

…will let you sleep even when their arm falls asleep.
They don’t wanna wake your pretty little head from your pretty little sleep because they’re just that nice. Find them. Keep them.

…takes your interests to heart.
They want to know the things you like and will always be open to doing the things that you love to do. They want nothing but the best for you and only want you to be happy. Find someone who wants to know your dreams and pushes you to follow them.

…is motivated.
They have goals and aspirations, and they have every intention of fulfilling these goals. They are on the right track and will do what they need to succeed to set themselves up for a great future.

...remembers the little things.
They’ll bring up things you said in a conversation you had weeks ago. It’s astonishing that they remembered such a little detail about you from so long ago. It seems so insignificant to you at the time, but it actually means the world and is one of the best feelings when someone embers something so small about you. It shows they really listen to you and want to be active in your life.

...trusts you.
They trust your sense of direction (which he probably shouldn't trust mine, because I have no sense of direction), they trust your ability not to kill them with the food you make, and they trust you with their heart.

…never stops doing the little things.
They never stop doing the little things they did that made you fall for the person to begin with (which is why I believe it's important to be with someone for a while to really get to know them). Not a day will go by that you think for even one second that you are insignificant or unimportant in their life. They will constantly remind about how much they love you and care for you and want the best for you.

...you can feel 100% yourself around.
From day one, you felt like you can completely be yourself. They make you feel so incredibly comfortable in your own skin and will love you exactly the way you are. No matter how you look, or how you feel, it doesn’t matter. You can be exactly the way you are and they will accept you 100%.

Life is too short to be anything but happy. Don’t waste time on people that don’t care about you. Don’t settle for mediocre love. Don’t settle for people that don’t appreciate you for everything you are, exactly the way you are. Don’t settle for anything less of exciting, beautiful, and absolutely perfect.