Finals Week Through Nursery Rhymes

Finals Week Through Nursery Rhymes

Not something you hear every day...

41
Finals Week Through Nursery Rhymes
Flickr

Finals week sucks - simple as that. Studying all the things you had to show up to class to take notes for in one week is hard. But on the bright side, at least classes are done right? No more 8AMs, or three hour classes and labs. But since we all will be procrastinating and looking for literally anything else to read while studying, here are some familiar nursery rhymes we all know and love that accurately present finals week:

"Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posy, ashes, ashes, we all fall down."

Ring! - the third out of the five alarms you set to wake up for that early final.

Around the rosy - everyone losing their minds and biking all around campus rushing here and there, faces becoming flushed and rosy.

Pocket full - "...of sunshine?" NO, more like pocket full of pencils and folded-up scantrons.

Ashes, ashes - Once you're done studying, you'll want to burn all those class notes at the end, and throw all the ashes into the bonfire.

We all fall down - Pretty self-explanatory: after your last final, you just want to crash on a bed and finally go to sleep...or watch TV. Whatever involves falling down after studying your brains out.

"Jack and Jill went up the hill..."

Jack and Jill - Or whatever your names really are, but we'll just keep Jack and Jill for now.

Went up the hill - That arc or hill at the peak of a great party night.

To fetch a pail of water - Water? Try Jungle Juice for those of you that would like to erase the memory of finals from your heads, at least for a night.

Jack fell down and broke his crown - That one person during finals week that partied too hard the night before an exam, and breaks their crown of what was already shame over how they didn't study at all.

And Jill came tumbling after - And there's always another one to follow through in that failure.

Maybe a regular pail of water would have helped with that hangover.