Declassified: Finals Survival Guide

Let’s face it, nobody likes finals. But before we can pack up and head home for home cooked meals, reunions with your hometown best friends, late night beach bonfires, sunset chasing, ice cream eating, and all the other things summer has to offer, we must take them. No matter how many you have, they still bring a lot of stress to our lives. We all need things to lighten the load of the stress that finals puts on our shoulders.

Starting simple, take a deep breath. Seriously, sometimes all we need is to fill our bodies with a boost of fresh oxygen to relax our minds.

Take another one.

Take breaks. While studying, get up and take a walk every so often. It’s never a good idea to sit for hours cramming information into your brain in hopes it’ll stick for your test. The brain needs breaks to catch up, and your body needs a stretch.

Speaking of taking a walk, actually take one. Go outside, you need fresh air.

Go for a run. Sometimes it feels good to sweat out your stress and aggravation.

If running isn't your thing, take a yoga class. Meditation is one of the best medicines to ease your mind.

Take a shower. Maybe it’s best to take a cold one, to refresh your body and wake you up.

Drink a cup of coffee, and go for a walk to get it.

Hydrate. Always keep a water bottle with you.

Eat something! Eat an apple, a banana, or treat yourself to a huge cookie after you finish the chapter you're reading.

Call a friend. Ask them to tell you a funny story. Make a fun plan for this summer; it’s coming so soon!!!

Call a family member. Sometimes all we need is our mom or dad’s words of wisdom and advice.

Listen to music. Whether it’s the soothing kind that will relax you while you study, the intense kind to make you focused, or your favorite songs to pump you up, music is easily one of the best things to get you through basically anything; including studying. If singing the words to your favorite song is distracting you, there’s nothing wrong with gathering your roommates and dancing for a little while. Getting up, moving around and pumping your blood is a good idea.

Take a nap. 10-20 minutes is said to be a good boost or energy and alertness. 60 minutes is said to aid in remembering facts. Either one is perfect for your study break considering the results.

Go to sleep!!! At a reasonable time. It’s not a good idea for anybody to be deprived of sleep, it’s one of the most important things for our bodies.

Good luck! You’re so close! You can do it.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F04%2F24%2F6359712086780615136656985_chandler%2520gif.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=549&h=ed9775b685f2b25e8b686cbfad963d53fd2719c03f75217ad5f14065fa58e311&size=980x&c=1814630680 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F04%252F24%252F6359712086780615136656985_chandler%252520gif.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D549%26h%3Ded9775b685f2b25e8b686cbfad963d53fd2719c03f75217ad5f14065fa58e311%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1814630680%22%7D" expand=1]