10 Fictional Men I'd 100 Percent Marry In A Heartbeat

10 Fictional Men I Would 100 Percent Marry In A Heartbeat

These boys can have access to my "In Case of Marriage" Pinterest Page.

284
Disney

This quarantine has me reading lots of books and watching lots of movies (also writing lots of papers, and sending lots of emails, hey mom). With this, I have come to the realization that many of the things I look for in a potential partner stem from fictional men. I know I'm not alone here, I just didn't realize how many people appreciate a well-written character until I watched one too many TikToks on the subject.

While these men are incredibly idealistic or problematic depending on your perspective, I appreciate them.

When I was little I knew I would have a library and save the world, along with the possibility of a prince to watch movies with at nighttime. Little did I know how much I would appreciate these characters as I got older. My crushes have barely changed since the age of six, so make what you want of that.

I've been both irked and impressed by the similarities between these men, something you would no doubt find if you made your own list. This time of social distancing and isolation gives us time to reflect on heavy things that matter significantly, but it also is okay to ponder all the silly thoughts in your head that have been collecting dust in the back of that beautiful brain. So in no specific order, *drumroll please* here are ten boys I would accept a princess cut engagement ring from.

Bill Anderson, "Mamma Mia"

via GIPHY

WOW! Adventurous, confident, bold, has a boat, AND can dance. This man has my heart. "Mamma Mia" was my first Broadway show, and with that came my love of both the first and second movies, along with an appreciation for all things ABBA. Young Bill in "Mamma Mia Here We Go Again!" could look at me with those blue eyes and make my heart stop, but his overconfidence and view of the world as an adventure would make me stay long term. We are all entitled to our own beliefs, but Donna could have traveled the world in a boat every weekend that she wasn't creating her hotel. I am right about this one.

Steve Rogers, "Captain America"

via GIPHY

WHEW someone call the fire department. Oh, what was that? We don't need to because he could save us? You're so right! Steve Rogers is sure of himself. He is passionate. He is selfless for the cause. He is an army man with a heart of gold. He is a leader. He is intelligent enough to find a way through any obstacle. He is fearless. He could run a marathon carrying you over his shoulder. I love you, Stevie. <3

Noah Calhoun, "The Notebook"

via GIPHY

Oh bless Noah's heart. He is bold and a romantic and full of love. He's determined and stubborn. Noah's love for Allie could just melt a cynic's heart, but if I'm being honest his love for me would melt my heart just as much. I would rope swing my heart out with you babe. I'd rather have a library than the art studio though...

Flynn Ryder, "Tangled"

via GIPHY

This man is a thief. He stole my heart. I'm laughing writing this, but oh my I would jump out of a tower into his arms too (using my own resources to get down just like our girl Rapunzel did, just because we love 'em doesn't mean we automatically trust 'em ladies). Take me out to see the lanterns, Flynn!!

Damon Salvatore, "The Vampire Diaries"

via GIPHY

Have you ever gone completely mute when a guy made eye contact with you? Well, as a proclaimed "talker," this has only happened to me twice. With that said, Damon would make the third. Just the first interaction though, his wit and constant need to be right would bring me out of my mute state. The eyes, the muscles, the jawline, those are all fine and dandy, but the WIT! This man is hilarious. He would also do anything for the people he loves. He's far from perfect, but I'd say yes. P.S. – Have you seen that library?

Chuck Bass, "Gossip Girl"

via GIPHY

Holy smokes. THIS MAN! I would date him even if Blair was the scary ex. Yeah, I said it. Go ahead and dump yogurt in my hair B. He's too smart for his own good, he loves with every fiber of his being, and he means what he says. I would be the Blair to his Chuck any day of the week. Meet you on the steps C.

Steve McGarrett, "Hawaii 5-0"

via GIPHY

Second Steve on the list, but never the second in my heart. Steve McGarrett puts criminals behind bars and saves the world for a living. He is stubborn and confident and fearless. He takes care of the people he loves and even cracks some solid jokes. I would move to Hawaii for you Steve. Call me Mrs.McGarrett.

Aladdin, "Aladdin"

via GIPHY

My mom knew I appreciated this movie for more than Jasmine's shimmery blue outfit and the carpet ride. The scene where Aladdin talks about Jasmine to the genie? That's what I genuinely expect my husband to feel about me. He's cute, he has high aspirations, he has heart, and he puts others before himself. I would trust him.

Marty Deeks, "NCIS: Los Angeles"

via GIPHY

Deeks is the best character on this show, don't even try to fight me on it. Deeks is funny, he's quick witted, and he's strong in his opinions. He makes the tensest situations lighter, and he makes his coworkers laugh when they really need it. He's brave and smart and opinionated. Say less.

Neal Caffrey, "White Collar"

via GIPHY

Say it with me ladies, A! CULTURED! MAN! He doesn't like guns. He loves art. He knows an absurd amount of information. He is completely devoted to the women he loves. He looks great in a suit (quality only obviously), anddddd he is well-spoken. His humor alone would do it for me, and let's be honest the eyes aren't bad to look into either. I would go to art museums with you for every date if you wanted Mr. Caffrey.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.