999788
Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky

www.youtube.com

If you haven't watched it yet, gather your friends, pop the popcorn and unwrap the chocolates. It is Valentine's weekend and that means it's time for cheesy Netflix movies.

Here are a few takeaways and thoughts my friends and I had last night while watching this at one in the morning in our sorority's basement.

"Are you okay?"

Peter Kavinsky

Cue the "aww" cute puppy dog face emoji about Peter's response to Lara Jean's Stanford rejection letter. He handled it well, especially when he asked if she was okay. Then he convinced her to possibly transfer to Stanford after her freshman year, but the next day she began to fall in love with New York...

When Peter took off his face mask and acted like his skin was just ripped off his face...?

It's okay Kavinsky, it's just a simple sheet mask that moisturizes your skin and unclogs pores. No need to be dramatic

What the heck is a “meet-cute?”

Peter and Lara Jean

media.giphy.com

Is it just my friend group or has anyone else never heard this term? Is the movie trying to make this a trend? What's the problem with just saying "we met at _____" ???

Kitty constantly speaks her mind and she is NOT afraid to hold back

PERIOD. Everyone needs a little sister to keep them in check, and Lara Jean got just that

Why do all movies focus on some of the biggest and most competitive schools?

Peter and Stanford

Why couldn't have the characters gone to the University of Virginia and William & Mary like in the "To All The Boys" books?

Also, side note, did anyone else notice the "High School Musical" parallel going on? Troy went to Berkeley and Gabriella went to Stanford, just sayin'...

The yearbook "contract"

Lara Jean Yearbook

That scene just melted all of our hearts. Yes, it was predictable and cheesy, but what else would you really expect? It was cute, the wedding decorations were beautiful, and everything was beautifully executed.

As much as it is cheesy and unrealistic, parts of it are also very realistic no matter your age

I am happy and proud that Lara Jean followed her heart to NYU. If she and Kavinsky are meant to be together, they'll make it work. If she had gone to Berkeley an hour away from him, she would've been thinking about the "what ifs" of New York the entire time. It's important to go outside of your comfort zone and do what is best for you, not what is best for the boy. Life doesn't always go as planned, and this movie is the perfect example of that.

Now they're all off to college, exploring new places, meeting new people, and trying new things. Here's to unpredictable futures and crazy life plans.