7 Music Festivals You Don't Want To Miss This Summer

7 Music Festivals You Don't Want To Miss This Summer

Is there any better way to release a year's worth of stress than raving at the hottest festivals of the summer?

269
Photo by Jazmin Quaynor on Unsplash

The only thing you should be spending your mom's money on this summer are these worthwhile festivals. Not only may you cross paths with famous trendsetters and celebrities, you will be in the presence of several talented artists and plenty of people to have a thrilling experience with. These are festivals you'll want to share with your best friends, new friends, and the singers themselves. Make sure to take a mental picture in the middle of all the IG posts, snaps, and tweets!

1. Exodus

Photo by Kevin Horstmann on Unsplash

This Las Vegas style festival isn't only a great way to experience the city, but also the most cost-effective (I'm talking to all you broke college kids). If you would rather lounge in a pool party right next to the DJ than stand for hours on end, this is the festival for you.

2. Lollapalooza

Photo by Ezra Comeau-Jeffrey on Unsplash

From Bruno Mars to ODESZA, this festival rounds up artists from different genres of music who give the performance of a lifetime. Spend anywhere from 1-4 nights in Chicago, Illinois with your best friends- exploring the bean, supporting non-profit and political musicians, and making endless memories.

3. Coachella

Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash

If you're obsessed with the life of influencers, celebrities, and trendsetters like myself, I'd recommend making an appearance at this festival. As it's near the top of my bucket list, it brings constant flutter of discussion on the musicians and music to liven up the experience. And while you're in California, soak up the sun and visit a beach!

4. Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC)

Photo by Matty Adame on Unsplash

This gathering hosted in Las Vegas has a little bit of everything for you adventure seekers out there. Enjoy delicious food and drinks, great music, and an amazing art market while attending EDC. And hey, if you got to bring your younger siblings along, they have a family area! This festival has something for everyone, including the king of alternative, Hozier (my love).

5. Ultra Music Festival

Photo by Daniel Robert on Unsplash

In the state of the sweetest oranges lies a festival meant for real ravers of our century. This ultimate event brings together fans of electronic music from all over the globe. The streets of Miami, Florida are packed and pumping with live and ear-bursting music. If you want to be a part of that hype, I encourage you to book your tickets now!

6. Electric Zoo

Photo by Aditya Chinchure on Unsplash

Another electric dance festival, but with a spin on the creation behind Mysteryland, Tomorrowland, and Sensation is what this festival brings to the table. This utopia-like event gathers all dance fans for an experience like no other in Randall's Park, New York. Take a trip to the Big Apple, shop until you drop (yes, ladies), and take a passionate trip into the magic of the zoo.

7. Faster Horses

Photo by Krists Luhaers on Unsplash

In Brooklyn, Michigan, there is a festival just for all you country lovers. Enjoy the likes of camping, drinking, and slapping those bloodsuckers off your arms all weekend. Even if you are the person who enjoys one country song and one country song only (this is me and I am not proud of this), this festival will not disappoint. Take a chance on the genre you have never loved and have the time of your life.