"Now We No" Ambassador Camay Davis Reveals How Your Feminine Hygiene Products Are Harming Your Body

Ever heard of Cherish pads? You'd be surprised to know that they provide what all feminine hygiene brands are supposed to be giving you already.

286
Instagram / YNOW AHS

A few weeks ago, I sat down in the chorus room of my high school to listen in on a seminar relating to female empowerment. I am a member of the YNOW club, focused on empowering females everywhere by encouraging them to step out of their comfort zones and by educating them on how to properly make a difference in the world.

During the seminar, I watched miracles I could only imagine magic could create, and I saw and heard the joy and surprise in the voices of the empowered females around me. Thanks to Nspire Network's "Now We No" Campaign, I could see the joy in the faces around me. This was truly empowerment.

Thankfully, I was able to talk with one of the representatives after the presentation ended. I had the pleasure of interviewing Ms. Camay Davis, the Awareness Ambassador for the "Now We No" Campaign, about the seminar and the mission of "Now We No."

What is the basis or goal of the “Now We No” Campaign?

"The mission of the 'Now We No' Campaign is to save lives! The campaign is informing men and women all over the world about the harmful effects that some of today's sanitary napkins and tampons may have on women's bodies."

How did you get involved in the campaign?

"My engagement with the 'Now We No' Campaign was sparked through my daughter's own personal experiences with painful and somewhat-debilitating monthly cycles.

"She started her cycle later than the average teenage girl, [a] long-awaited right to passage into womanhood. This thing that was supposed to be so beautiful ended up being a dreaded experience, month after month. We tried everything — doctors, specialists, even physical therapy, [but] there was no explanation to what was happening in her body. It wasn’t until that moment she called at 3 a.m., screaming and crying on the floor in her dorm room, that I knew as a mother something had to change."

"This is what prompted me to action to find the help my daughter truly needed. I couldn’t let her continue to go through life with these unexplained issues. It never dawned on me that it could be the type of sanitary napkins she was using. After making the necessary changes in that area, her life and health have ever improved.

"She says, 'Mom I don’t have bad cramps anymore. I can get up, go to class and not worry about messing up my clothes. I’m happy!'"

What do you feel has been the biggest part of the campaign’s success?

"The campaign's major success is attributed to our product Cherish, our premium sanitary napkins. Cherish Pads are uniquely designed [to offer] eight layers of protection, highlighted by the introduction of a negative ion strip that reduces pain, inflammation and odor that are often associated with women's monthly cycles."

How much of the female population knows the information about the name brands that was provided in the seminar?

"The product has a platform reach through our online presence [that has] live demo presentations that take place globally. The company's first brick-and-mortar boutique style stores are projected to be up-and-running in Jamaica by May 2018. We are mission-driven to [making] sure every woman is very much aware and protected."

What is the best part about being the Awareness Ambassador for the campaign?

"The best part about being the Awareness Ambassador is the support and education that [the campaign is] able to provide to all women, no matter age, ethnicity or even social class. Everyone has the right to choose life and make the necessary changes to a... healthier and safer lifestyle."

To any women reading this, what is something you would like them to know that you are glad you were able to learn yourself?

"I would like every woman to know that there are 'healthy options' available to us. We don't have to settle for what is being presented to us in the mainstream marketplaces. It may take some time (as well as research), but anything worth having is worth fighting for. We have only one body; we have to cherish it.... your answer is here with Cherish!"

For more information on the "Now We No" campaign, you can visit the website here, and Cherish Pads are exclusively sold online at this website, and be sure to track the campaign on its Instagram! You can also visit the customer site, or send an email to helpmyflo@gmail.com. Finally, take a look at the Alpharetta High School YNOW Instagram page here.

I would like to personally thank Ms. Davis for being a part of this interview about something I feel every woman should know concerning empowerment. "Now We No" has introduced me to some of the most important information I need to know about myself as a woman, and I hope other females have the opportunity to experience what this movement has brought.

Oh, and by the way, know why feminine hygiene products are actually bad for you? Because, according to the seminar, they are made of recycled trash.

So before you grab that pack of name brand products off the shelf, be sure you know what your body's in for.