"Females Are Strong As Hell:" Why Being A Woman Is Awesome

Facts to remind you that being a woman is awesome and powerful.

29
Trendom

There are a lot of negative things women have to deal with; periods, clothes shopping, anything that resorts to eating a whole tub of ice cream. Serious issues around the world and in our own communities plague young girls and grown women every day. I think that sometimes as women we forget why we are awesome. Why every day we deserve to look in the mirror and love what looks back at us. If you're ever having a bad day and find yourself "fem hating", take a look at some of these facts that prove being a woman is satisfying.

1. The strongest muscle per inch is the uterus; with a propulsion force/size ratio of a crossbow.

2. Women are better at multitasking. Studies show that women are better at connecting the left and right side of their brains.

3. That also means women can come to logical conclusions faster.

4.Women were allowed to enter combat roles in the Israel. They performed at a level equal to men

5. Some women can have a genetic mutation which causes them to gain a 4th color-vision cone in their eyes, allowing them to see millions of more colors.

6. The Tuareg people are nomads of Northern Africa, whose population is 1.2 million. The men wear veils and women do not; most women are literate while most men are illiterate; and livestock is owned by the women.

7. Two of the highest IQ scores ever recorded belong to women.

8. Women live longer than men, their immune systems age slower.

9. In the 1920's and 1930's women dominated the screenwriting profession in Hollywood.

10. 30% of businesses are owned by women in the U.S.

11. Miami is one of the only major cities founded by a woman.

12. The first computer programmers were women.

13. 800,000 women served in the Soviet armed forces in WW2.

Only 2% of women would call themselves beautiful. That breaks my heart to consider that 98% of women can find something about themselves that they don't appreciate. Remember, being a women is not a weakness. You are strong. You are smart. You are worthy.

"After all those years as a woman hearing 'not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,' almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, 'I'm enough.'"

Anna Quindlen

Author, journalist, and Pulitzer Prize winner for commentary in 1992