I Asked 9 People The Exact Moment They Fell In Love And Some Answers May Surprise You | The Odyssey Online

I Asked 9 People The Exact Moment They Fell In Love And Some Answers May Surprise You

Prepare to get warm and fuzzies in your heart.

506
Charlsley Carey

James Arthur once said in his song, Say You Won't Let Go, "We drank too much, I held your hair back when you were throwing up. Then you smiled over your shoulder, for a minute I was stone, cold sober. I pulled you closer to my chest and you asked me to stay over. I said, I already told you, I think that you should get some rest. I knew I loved you then, but you'd never know cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go. I know I needed you but I never showed, but, I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old..." So, that song got me thinking. James Arthur is singing in this song the exact moment that he fell in love with this girl. And as you can see, it wasn't something extravagant. It wasn't like she had was all done up and looking like a model, but it was a simpler time - it was when she was throwing up sick. That really got me thinking, isn't it always the small stuff that makes us fall in love with people? It's the small things that make them tick, the little quirks that stood out from anyone else you had ever had a crush on or liked and made you fall harder than you had ever for this one person. So, I took to my Facebook and I went on a questioning spree. I asked just about as many people, who were in relationships, that I could find and asked them one simple question: when was the moment you realized you were in love with your significant other? I ended up getting a bunch of answers back and here are some of the stories I got:

- M. H.

- D. D.

- K. C.

- J. J.

- J. P.

- K. C.

- C. C.

- K. M.

- S. J.

I think this just goes to show you never know when you will find love. Love always finds you in the most unexpected of times in the most unexpected of ways. It doesn't matter if you've been single for 30 years or 3 days, sometimes the love of your life is just waiting for you just around the corner. But also remember, love does not always have to be this giant and extravagant thing. Most of these stories are just simple things: phone calls at 1:30 AM, being able to wear no make up, looking into each other's eyes, spending a lot of time together, and other small things like that. None of the people said they fell in love when the person bought them a very expensive present or cleaned their whole house for them - those aren't the kinds of things that make people fall in love. Instead, paying attention to the smaller things in life really is what is key to finding just who it is that is your true love.

"I fell for you unexpectedly, but now I plan to be with you forever."