You Should Not Feel Forced To Have Sex, Ever

Will you wait for your soul mate? Or will you let loose? The choice is yours.

198

For some, the answer is simple. Sometimes, it's just the flip of the coin that'll decide. You can be cautious, you can be careless, but either way, you should not feel forced to make a decision.

In this modern age, there is a lot of pressure for young people to have sex. Sex always sells itself, and it is impossible to escape alluring images and sayings relating to this topic.

In my experience, I have been pressured to lose and to not lose my virginity. I was hesitant to have sex with a guy I naively liked.

When I said no, I was called a nun.

I was also told that I should wait for the love of my life in order to feel comfortable to have sex. While contemplating this idea, I questioned why I should really wait for a perfect someone. I came to the decision to not wait. I was an eager person that was curious about this function, and I genuinely wanted to experience it.

Of course, I was naive.

I fell too hard for the person I lost my virginity to, and I spiraled into depression and intense moments of anxiety.

With the helping hand of my family, I crawled out of that hole and walked up a mountain of experience and wisdom.

Spending time with yourself and friends without the pressure to allure to the sexual needs of someone else should be something that everyone should experience before ever having sex.

I believe it is important to learn to love yourself before having sex. Trying to find a partner (long-term or short-term) that complements you and makes you happy is just exhausting. Energy is wasted and not used efficiently.

There should be honesty, communication, and respect in any kind of relationship you are in. If any of these qualities are not being fulfilled, you're more than likely going to end up being disappointed not only in the person you're with but with yourself as well.

Of course, losing your virginity can be a journey for people. Just make sure you give your consent, you and your partner are clean and that there is protected sex.

Be comfortable with yourself, and be confident in your decision. Never feel pressured to do something or to do nothing simply because someone told you.