16 Songs That Are Making My 2019 Easier To Survive

I'm no expert when it comes to music, but I did listen to over 40,000 minutes of music is 2018.

45

I, like many others, turn to music in times of desperation. No matter what I'm doing, I always either have my headphones in or my speakers turned all the way up. I'm always looking for new music to listen to, and playlists often fall short of my expectations. The following songs are a combination of different genres, so no matter who you are or what your music taste is, there's definitely at least one song in here for you. Ranging all across the spectrum from rap to indie pop to classic rock, there is one thing that every single song on this playlist has in common 一 they're making my 2019 easier to get through.

BANKS - "Gemini Feed"

In "Gemini Feed," singer Banks tells about her abusive and manipulative ex-lover, a song that is a mix of R&B and pop in just the right way.

Young MC - "Know How"

Everyone knows Young MC's classic, "Bust A Move," but not many people know this equally as tongue-twisting rap, a song that comes off the same album.

of Montreal - "Wraith Pinned to the Mist"

With a catchy baseline, of Montreal easily reflects the sound of The Beatles, although this song was released half a century later.

Beach House - "Alien"

Beach House is hands down my favorite band, a guy/gal duo that produces dream pop bops that are perfect for listening to with the windows down and your arm out of the window on a warm summer evening.

Jet - "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"

This song was popular when it came out in 2003, and many people my age recognize it but have forgotten how good it is. I'm here to remind you.

The Raconteurs - "Now That You're Gone"

The mix of electric guitar with soulful vocals makes it easy to imagine this song playing in the movie version of your life.

The 1975 - "Sex"

Coming off The 1975's debut album, the electric guitar in this song mixed with the drums definitely makes for a headbanger.

Tame Impala - "Mind Mischief"

Everyone knows Tame Impala's notorious, "The Less I Know The Better," and this song gives off a similar vibe.

Pink Floyd - "Run Like Hell"

Many people know or can recognize Pink Floyd's "The Wall," but those who do typically only know the more popular songs, such as the "Another Brick In The Wall" trilogy. If you like 70s rock, this is for you.

SBTRKT feat. Ezra Koenig - "New Dorp, New York"

With a heavy baseline, the frontman of Vampire Weekend, Ezra Koenig, collabs with Aaron Jerome, head of the musical project SBTRKT, to create almost an electronic jazz feel.

Fleetwood Mac - "Think About It"

Everyone falls head over heals for Stevie Nicks' unique and captivating voice, and "Think About It" is no exception.

Wallows - "These Days"

The focus of the piano in this post-punk indie rock group's "These Days" makes for a happy-go-lucky feel despite the fact that the lyrics are a little sad.

Bay Faction - "One Thrill"

Having recently debuted their first album, experimental pop group, Bay Faction, uses a combination of synth and drums to create songs that are perfect for listening to when you want to just chill out.

Half Alive - "Still Feel"

Electropop group Half Alive debuted their first EP in 2017, and are still going strong with the beautiful aesthetics used in the music video for "Still Feel," making this song pleasing to both the eyes and ears.

Temples - "Mesmerise" 

Five years after this song's initial debut, it is still a headbanger, both upbeat and chill at the same time, and definitely worth giving a listen to.

St. Lucia - "China Shop"

This song is a bop right from the beginning, and the perfect way to end a feel-good playlist.