15 Things You Can Do To Make Yourself Feel Better

Take a break, you deserve it.

186
WallDevil

Everyone has a bad day sometimes. You get news that you were dreading or bad news that surprised you completely. A bad test grade comes your way. A fight with a loved one. A fight with some random person. A lost bet. Either way, there’s no better way to cheer yourself up then to really take the time to treat yourself to some self-care, no matter what form that may take.

1. Blast your favorite song

And don’t forget to dance! Pick something upbeat, not something off of your ‘songs to cry to’ playlist, and you’re all set. Bonus points if you get a friend to dance with you.

2. Exercise

Though going to the gym isn’t everyone’s favorite hobby, a nice walk outside can do anyone good. Fresh air is truly magical.

3. Vent it out

To a journal, to a friend – it doesn’t matter. Sometimes you just need to take a break and reflect on what’s going on in your life.

4. Binge watch

Just do it. You’ve had a bad day and you deserve it. Log into your Netflix account and pull up your favorite romance movie or sitcom.

5. Binge read

Alternatively, pull out your favorite book and settle yourself into bed with that. I’m never going to say no to a Harry Potter re-read, no matter how I’m feeling.

6. Take a nap

There’s a reason the phrases ‘sleep on it’ and ‘everything looks better in the morning’ exist.

7. Go shopping

Nothing makes you feel better than spending your paycheck on a brand new pair of shoes. Sure, when you need the money for something else, you’ll regret it, but until then, you feel great.

8. Call up the people you love

Ask them to hang out, to listen to you, or to just tell you a good joke! There’s no nicer sound than the voice of someone you care about.

9. Create

Pull out your colored pencils, your notebooks, your camera, your instrument. Lose yourself in whatever you’re making, then show all your friends just how talented you are.

10. Donuts

Or whatever sweet treat you fancy. Take a break from your diet for just this one day. When life is unfair to you, just got for it.

11. Write down things you love about yourself

The way you smile, the way your bedhead looks, the way only laughing really bad jokes, the way you make pasta salad … the list is endless. Embrace the self-love.

12. Meditate

Take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be okay, even if it’s not now.

13. Soak

Take a shower (and sing while in it!), draw a bubble bath, or just take a moment to wash your face. Things never seem as bad when you’re feeling fresh and clean.

14. Make others happy

Stop thinking about your own unhappiness and focus on those around you. Volunteer spend time with people who are going through a rougher time than you to really put things into perspective.

15. Smile

I know, the last thing you want to you right now is smile, but it really is true that smiling can make you feel better automatically. Your body just knows that smiling = happy, so it tries it’s best to make you feel that way!

Whatever is going on in your life right now, know what it’ll be over soon. Feel better and take care of yourself!