Why I Fear For The Next Four Years

Why I Fear For The Next Four Years

You all made a big mistake electing this man.

10
Why I Fear For The Next Four Years
Wonkette

Everyone reading this article right now either was me on election night or knew someone like me. Like a lot of people I was (and still am) completely and utterly disappointed and disgusted with the country's decision to elect Donald Trump as the Present of this great nation. However, leading up to election night I though Hilary had it in the bag. Not only was she quite honestly the best option and the most qualified for the job, but it seemed like she had so much support. Almost every celebrity was supporting her and voting for her. I thought there was nothing to worry about.

Come election night around 6pm (when the east coast results started coming in) Trump took an early lead. As I talked to family members who shared my support for Hilary they reassured me of how early it was and that she would end up victorious. I sat and tried to study while flipping to google that updated the electoral numbers every 30 seconds. There were times where Hilary would take the lead and then Trump again. Finally Trump got a lead and took off with it. Not that it wasn't close at any point after that, but there was a point where Hilary never regained the lead. I sat there with faith in my fellow voters still even though the numbers for Trump continued to rise. I prayed and prayed. I thought about how many people would be terrified if Donald Trump got elected. That would be a lot of people. Women, minorities, LGBT communities, etc. Tons of people would be effected by this tragedy. But again despite my negativity family members reassured me that it would be okay because California hadn't been counted yet and that was 55 electoral votes.

There was a point in the night, right before I went to bed, that I realized Donald Trump would be our next President even though they had not yet called it. I sat laid in my bed with the lights off, my roommate in her bed. We had discussed the pure fear and panic that was going to be incited tomorrow morning. How many lives were going to be so negatively effected by one hateful man who apparently can do no wrong even when he has done everything wrong. I have an english class with tons of education majors. Today a girl in my class told me a five year old came in to school this morning and started crying asking if she was going to be kicked out of the United States and why the man in charge hated her and her parents so much. Five years old. Did you have to worry about that when you were five? Highly doubt it since a man of such hate and anger has never run for President until this point. So the next time you complain about someone attacking your opinion that Donald Trump is a "good man" and is "fit" to be President, or that Hilary Clinton is a criminal. I want you to think about that little five year old girl in Champaign schools who is crying over the possibility of being deported and asking why he hates her and her family so much. That is something Hilary Clinton would never do.

#I'llalwaysbewithher