The Club That Changed My Life- FCCLA

The Club That Changed My Life- FCCLA

It's more than a school organization

58

I've always been the type of person to go into every club or activity seldom knowing what to do but very passionate about it. Likewise, when it was the same when I joined FCCLA. My sophomore year, FCCLA–the Family Career and Community Leaders of America–was offered as an elective. I didn't quite know what it meant or what it was about, but I was excited. I took two classes and got to learn all about the wonders of FCCLA.

That first year, we had the opportunity to go to the regional competition in our state, and I went for it. A few other girls and I went with our advisor and had the time of our lives. We were always doing something entertaining like making new friends, shopping, or eating good food. That year had really changed the game for me. How was there a world so vast and so beautiful and I didn't learn about it until six months prior?

All of us advance to state in our respective competitions and were thrilled. State was a journey of epic proportions. The Texas FCCLA committee made sure that the summit was an unforgettable one. And it was. The hustle and bustle of it, the new faces, the endless laughter made for a school trip beyond all the others. I think a big part of it has to do with the FCCLA community. I've never been a part of a club or organization that really welcomes and recruits new members. Members with more experience were always willing to help out or get to know newer members.

Now two years later, I'm holding onto every experience. This organization has blessed me in so many ways. Every single person I've come across while being in FCCLA has molded me into the person I am today. It's my last year, but I wouldn't trade the memories I've had with FCCLA for anything. Some of my best friends are in my life because of this amazing organization. I love FCCLA and all the opportunities it has provided for me. I joined FCCLA because it sounded interesting and that was the best decision I've ever made.