A Look Into 7 Favorite Orders At Ball State's Jamba Juice
food

I'm a sucker for a good smoothie but it's not necessarily an "easy dorm meal," but the Jamba Juice on Ball State University's campus satisfies all students' smoothie needs.

157

Smoothies are one of my favorite foods. They're a fun way to make healthy food delicious and there are limitless combinations! I used to have smoothies almost every day, but now that I'm in college, I can't exactly make my own (a blender isn't really a college essential). Having a Jamba Juice on campus helps me, and other students, fulfill any smoothie cravings!

So I thought, why not ask some friends about their favorite orders from Jamba Juice and look into the health benefits of each of them! And hopefully, maybe inspire people to branch out from their usual orders and try something new!

Orange Carrot Karma is a refreshing smoothie from carrot juice, mangos, bananas, and ice. It is a great source of Vitamin A and also is very friendly when it comes to dietary restrictions; it is vegan and has no dairy, no gluten, no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, as well as no trans fat! Not to mention that carrot juice helps improve vision, lower cholesterol, and boost your immune system!

The Açaí Primo Bowl is probably one of the most popular Jamba Juice orders I heard from students and almost every time I go to Jamba Juice someone orders it. The smoothie contains açaí juice, soymilk, frozen and fresh bananas, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and ice while the toppings include organic granola (which somehow tastes better than other granola), shaved coconut, and honey. This bowl is high in Vitamin C and Iron. And, of course, açaí berries are full of antioxidants and can help brain function, so this bowl has a lot going for it and the taste itself can explain its popularity.

The Apples 'N Green smoothie is a green smoothie that isn't too intimidating and actually tastes really good! If you want to try incorporating more greens into your diet, this is a good (yummy) way to add some! This smoothie contains an apple-strawberry juice blend, kale, bananas, mangos, and peaches. It is also another dietary friendly option as it is vegan and has no dairy, no gluten, no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, as well as no trans fat! Not to mention this smoothie is full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron! Plus, kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods that is full of antioxidants, fiber, and water among many other health benefits.

The Nutty Almond Butter Bowl somehow makes a smoothie feel warm. It's a very cozy, creamy smoothie that is hard not to love! The smoothie is made with almond milk, bananas, peaches, and almond butter with a topping of their organic granola, almond butter, and sliced almonds. This delicious bowl is full of protein and fiber, and benefits from the healthy fats in the almonds! Definitely, don't sleep on this bowl!

Strawberry Whirl is another classic many love! This is a classic blend of apple-strawberry juice blend, strawberries, and bananas. If you've been searching for a fantastic strawberry-banana smoothie, this is it! Not many people know this, but strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C and potassium (so are bananas), are rich in antioxidants and can help heart health.

Now, the Peachy Green Goodness Bowl is a personal favorite of mine! The smoothie is made of a peach juice blend, kale, mangos, peaches, bananas, and pineapple and topped with organic granola, sliced banana, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds. This bowl is another great option to choose if you want to add more greens into your diet - everyone's diet could benefit from having more kale in it! There are so many good things to say about this bowl (the website says it best), but most notably, it contains two servings of fruit and one and a half servings of vegetables and is full of Vitamin K which helps protein building that maintain blood as well as bone health.

The Protein Berry Workout smoothie is a less popular option, but should get more hype! It is made with soymilk, strawberries, bananas, and either a soy protein boost or a whey protein boost (your choice). Personally, I love it with the whey protein boost because whey protein helps with muscle recovery, especially within an hour of a workout. It can help you increase strength, gain muscle, and possibly lose some body fat. This smoothie also is gluten-free and has no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fat, and contains at least one and a half full servings of fruits and vegetables. You could think of this as an elevated strawberry-banana smoothie. And with a short walk from the Recreational Center to the Atrium, Jamba Juice is offering a great post-workout snack. (This is just one of the options. Any of their protein smoothies could be beneficial after a workout, especially if whey protein is in it).

All of these smoothies and smoothie bowls are great to grab on-the-go in between classes or to use a meal swipe on! (Although, if you're stopping by between classes, beware of lines and plan ahead). Also, remember with all of Jamba Juice's options, you can add boosts to any order: 3g energy & green caffeine, daily vitamin and zinc, soy or whey protein, and collagen! Hopefully, you learned a little more about what your favorite order entails or now want to try something new!

For more facts and nutritional values on all their orders, check out Jamba Juice's website: here.