What Your Favorite Board Game Says About Your Personality

For better or for worse, our childhood left an impact.

7581
askaboutsports.com

Our personality starts developing at a young age, which is maybe why some of our childhood pastimes are good indicators of who we become. Check out these popular board games from years past and see if your favorites match up with your personality today!

1. Chutes and Ladders

If you liked Chutes & Ladders, you are probably very spontaneous! You don't get upset when things don't go as planned, because you know there is always a chance for a new adventure up ahead. You just keep on climbing!

2. Operation

If your go-to game was Operation, you're most likely described as "detail-oriented" or a "perfectionist." Your friends give you the tasks that require patience and perfection. Bonus: You may or may not be a pre-med major. Just a guess.

3. Cranium

Seriously? Cranium. You were probably a teacher's pet back in grade school, but now you're a genius who knows random facts about everything. And you'll also probably be everyone's boss someday.

4. Hungry, Hungry Hippos

You're really fun. You're also really competitive. You use the skills you acquired from your childhood marble-catching talent to beast at real-life things now.

5. Connect Four

You're a very organized person. You like things in their place and when something gets in the way of your plan, it can easily upset you. But these upsets are usually short-lived, because you also know that you can shake everything off and begin again.

6. Guess Who?

If you liked Guess Who as a child, you probably really love people. You don't care what they look like or how they dress. You just love getting to know them and seeing what makes them each unique.

7. Twister

Okay, so it's not really a "board" game, but it counts. You're super unconventional and you really like to push the limits. You're not afraid to try out new ideas and you're usually recognized for being extremely flexible.

8. Candy Land

If you loved Candy Land as a kid, you're probably known as the "sweet" friend. Everyone loves to be around you and you don't make things too complicated.

9. Life

You're the one with the plan. Everyone always turns to you for advice, because you're always three steps ahead of everyone else. Just like the board game, you have your life together!

10. Scrabble

You are extremely creative. Your right brain is always on overdrive, because you have so many new ideas on life. Friends and family know they can count on you to bring out the idea that no one else thought of!

11. Yahtzee

You live life uncomplicated. You don't like to plan things out or try to get in the way of life. Rather, you like to just let the chips fall where they may and work with it.

12. Sorry!

You are not afraid of confrontation. You have been conditioned to unapologetically move through life in order to get ahead. This doesn't mean that you don't feel bad for the less fortunate, but you know that when you have a good opportunity, you have to take it, regardless of who stands in the way.

13. Risk

As the name states, you're very bold. You like to try new things, look at different angles and take risks! It often turns out in your favor and you end up with unexpected benefits from your choices. I'm also slightly scared of you people. You might take over the world.

14. Pictionary

You express yourself best when you don't have to speak. Some call you an introvert and some call you quiet, but you really love to have fun. You just see life differently!

15. Trouble

Friends call you the daring one. You are always the one that is testing the limits and seeing what you can get away with. Troublemaker is your middle name.

16. Battleship

You're extremely strategic. You like to think everything through at least 10 times before actually deciding on an action. Usually, though, the thought you put in ends up with a good outcome!

17. Hi-Ho! Cherry-O

Sometimes your friends question your intelligence. But, don't let them stomp all over you, because you're very relaxed and you know how to have a good time! You just like to keep things simple.

18. Guesstures

You are always very dramatic. But, your friends love you for it! You make life interesting and you always have a story to tell!

19. Apples to Apples

You're very analytical. You like to see what other people think of situations. But, you're also extremely fun. You love to laugh and find the humor in every situation!

20. Monopoly

Friends call you savvy. You're good with money, good with time, good with directions. You know what you want and you know how to get there. Childhood taught you well!

For better or for worse, the things we did as kids definitely shaped who we have become today. Whether or not you actually have the personality of your childhood board game love, we have to at least pretend that they taught us something!