I'm Fast-Tracking My 4 Year Degree

I'm Fast-Tracking My 4 Year Degree

My College Career Has Been Far From Normal

16
I'm Fast-Tracking My 4 Year Degree
media.jrn.com

People are usually very surprised when I tell them that I'm working to graduate from college in three years with a four year degree. Don't get me wrong, college is great, I love college a lot, but I've also had to grow up a little bit and try to think like an adult when it comes to my education.

Unlike the college student stereotype, I don't spend every weekend partying. Sometimes I turn down dinners with friends so that I can save a little more money for groceries so that I don't have to ask for my parents to cover me. People are surprised that I want to fast-track my education because they think I'm throwing away one of the best experiences of my life. But while my choice does come with sacrifices, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being able to afford staying at college for four years when I know that even at the end of three years I will be struggling and working my butt off to pay off my loans. College comes down to being a business decision and I've had to be a smart shopper when it comes to my education.

Not only am I trying to be smart about what I put in my educational shopping cart, I'm also just so excited to go out into the world and make something of myself. By no means am I wishing my life away, but I'm excited for what the next chapter of my life holds. I look forward to the mornings where I'll walk into publication meetings, meet with upcoming authors, and even get my own books published. I'm excited to touch people with what I write and be able to live out my dream every single day.

I have no regrets for breaking away from the flow and taking an unconventional approach to college. Just because it's the way that everyone else does things, doesn't mean that's the way that's best for me. In the time that I have left before graduation I am going to live my life boldly. I'm going to make memories with my friends, push myself to achieve all that I want to achieve, and I'm going to study hard in order to give myself the best possible future that I can.