My first job was in fast food, and to be honest, I'm thankful it was. When I started, I was nervously dreading what was in store for me. It was a difficult job for sure, but I think everyone can learn something important from it.
Here's why I will never regret the experience.
1. It looks good on a resume.
Future employers will be happy to know you have some experience working in a fast-paced environment. It makes you a more desirable employee, opens doors to more opportunities, and it's a good place to start building your resume.
2. You will know the value of a dollar.
You'll cherish the money you own, especially if it was HARD to earn. In fast food you are expected to get the job done quickly and efficiently. You're more likely to spend your money wisely if you really earned it!
3. You'll learn how to work with others.
Working on a team is difficult, especially if your paycheck relies on others doing their job well too. You'll figure out how to handle difficult situations with others without losing your mind (or your job).
4. You will understand how to treat others.
I went home crying numerous times from interactions with customers, coworkers, and even management. I had never been mean to fast food employees before, but I became better attuned to how I reacted from a customer's perspective when something in my order was wrong.
5. You will learn a lot about yourself.
I didn't know how far thin I could be stretched until I had to help an angry customer. Or how happy I could be from making someone's day a little better with something simple. I quickly learned what talents I had, and what skills I needed to work on.
- 17 Struggles You Get Served Working In Food Service ›
- 25 Things Every Customer At A Fast Food Place Should Follow ›
- Be Appreciative Of Those Who Work In Customer Service ›
- Why We Should Raise The Minimum Wage ›
- Why Everyone Should Work In Retail At Least Once ›
- 6 Reasons Why Working At Starbucks Is The Best ›
- Respect Those In The Fast Food Industry ›
- Ending The Stigma Behind Fast Food Employment ›
- 10 Reasons It Sucks Working In Fast Food ›
- 14 successful people who got their start working in fast food ›
- Fast Food, Poverty Wages: The Public Cost of Low-Wage Jobs in the ... ›
- Working in Fast-Food - YouTube ›
- 23 Struggles Of Working In The Fast Food Industry ›
- Working In Fast Food Be Like... - YouTube ›
- Five myths about fast-food work - The Washington Post ›
- 22 things only people who work in fast food restaurants will ... ›
- A Fast-Food Problem: Where Have All the Teenagers Gone? - The ... ›
- Ten Reasons Why Fast Food Workers Deserve A Raise | Demos ›
- The honest truth: What is it like working in a fast food restaurant? ›
- 10 reasons you should consider a career in food and drink ›
- McJobs Are the Future: Why You Should Care What Fast Food ... ›
- Things You Should NEVER Say To A Fast Food Worker ›
- 15 Reasons Why Everyone Should Work in a Restaurant at Least ... ›
- I was a fast-food worker. Let me tell you about burnout. - Vox ›