7 Fashion Trends That Should Make A Return In 2018

It always comes back around.

996
Huff Post

There are several fashion trends from the past that should resurface in 2018. Although many of these fashion items haven't gone completely "out of style", some of them have lost their popularity and haven't spent enough time in the limelight recently.

1. Uggs

Although Uggs are still typically worn in colder areas, they have lost some of their following over the years. These boots matched with everything -- they could work well with a sweater and jeans or leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. They were so comfortable, warm, and worked well in the snow. You were still able to personalize them with tall and short sizes, colors and different patterns/accessories. In 2018, let's make these boots famous more popular again throughout the regions instead of just in freezing temperature areas.

2. Leg Warmers

It has been awhile for these, but leg warmers should definitely come back in 2018. Not only could they be worn with a variety of different shoes, but the different textures and patterns allowed this item to be so versatile. In 2018, let's focus on the warmth these bring. Your ankles and lower legs deserve this kind of treatment.

3. Gaucho Pants

This is the #1 fashion trend from the past that I desperately wish would resurface. Gauchos looked great with both nicer tank tops and t-shirts, and they can be dressed both up and down. A nicer pair of gauchos can easily pass as professional work attire and for teenagers and young adults, can be made to look casual. These pants looked amazing on a variety of body types and their "loose-fitting" nature provided comfort while also looking like you put in the effort.

4. Scrunchies

These have recently began to make more of a comeback, however, they are still not as popular as they used to be. Scrunchies are just so cute and can work in both an "athleisure" or casual style. There were a variety of colors and they could be used in a ponytail or "half of your hair up and half down" type of look. Whatever way you wear it, the scrunchie made your hair hurt less than a normal ponytail and added something funky to what would usually be an everyday hair style.

5. Flare Jeans/Bell Bottoms

Becoming more popular again in what appears to be the Southern states, these jeans need to become more popular again in the North as well. The open bottom allows anyone's legs to look skinnier and smaller and look so cute with both tighter and looser types depending on your given body type. These jeans also once came in a variety of colors and patterns and often reflected a spunky attitude. These slimming jeans should definitely make a grander debut in 2018.

6. Velour Sweatsuits

At last, the moment you've all been waiting for...the velour jumpsuits. These were the best look when wanting to look both fashionable, comfortable, and sporty all at the same time. Coming in a variety of colors, there was bound to be one that worked on everyone. When you couldn't decide what to wear one day, this was your go-to. The velour fabric is also extremely comfortable.

7. Middle Part Hair

This is also a trend that is still present, but hasn't been as popular as it once was. Let's bring back the stick straight hair and the middle part. Not only did this showcase your face, but provided a more simplistic yet chic look.

Us girls should bring these beloved looks back into their renowned popularity. These seven fashion trends should definitely be more common in 2018. With most trends usually coming back around full circle at some point in time, I do believe if not this year, then the time will come soon. I will be anxiously waiting for their return.