games to play at family game night

11 Games That Any Family Wanting To Have A Fantastic  Family Game Night Absolutely, Positively MUST Have

No sore losers here please!

14

Family game nights can bring out the best and worse in some people. You'll find that the competitive ones will really shine, especially if they are winning.

Not only can it do all that, but it can lead to lasting memories for all those involved (whether it's the same person winning or not). I know I definitely have a few good ones :)

Here are just a few games to get your family fun night started off right!

1. Monopoly

monopoly

In Monopoly (and there are several versions) you move your token around a board collecting property and collecting rent from other players.

2.The Game of Life

game of life

Start a career, have a family, pay taxes, and more. Honestly, this one and Monopoly are two that I remember playing as a family the most.

3.Clue/Clue Jr.

Ah yes, Clue Jr., the kid friendly version where instead of finding a murderer you figure out who ate the last piece of cake.

4. Sorry

A game I always played with my grandmother. The main goal is to get all of your pieces to home before your opponent does.

5. Candyland

A racing game perfect for children of all ages. There is no strategy involved; you are only required to follow simple directions.

6. Blokus

The main goal being to get all your pieces on the board before the other players.

7. Chutes and Ladders

chutes and ladders

Spin the spinner to see how far you'll go. If you land at the bottom of the ladder, you get to slide right to the top!

8.  Operation

operation

You get to be the doctor in this one, but make sure you don't let the patients nose buzz.

9. Apples to Apples

apples to apples

A fun kid version of Cards Against Humanity.

10. Hedbanz

fun

Perfect for a family with young children.

11. UNO

uno

This isn't really a board game but that doesn't mean it's not a fun one!

Happy Playing!