4 Stories On People Who Are Afraid Of Needles And Shots

4 Short Stories On How My Family Can't Deal With Needles

We tensed up when we heard the word: vaccination shot.

247
https://www.maxpixel.net/search?cat=&min_width=&min_height=&q=needles&order=popular

My family and I have our own experiences with needles. Some experiences sound scary, but there are some that sound funny.

1. A nurse accidentally scratched my leg when I was a baby

My mother told me about a time when I was a baby. I was at the hospital when it happened. The nurses were checking me in the baby or nursing room. One of them had a needle and accidentally scratched me with it. I was crying very loudly. My aunt saw that and she immediately told my mother in the hospital. My mother was very sad and mad when she heard of the accident from my aunt. She went to the doctor and yelled at him for no supervising the nurses. The doctor checked the nurses and saw what had happened to me. He apologized to my mother and took care of me. I think he gave me a bandage on the leg. I am not sure if he yelled at the nurse that had the needle. From that moment forward, the scar on my leg remained and I could still see it today.

2. Mom cries when twin babies get a shot

I have two sisters that are fraternal twins. When they were born, there was a vaccination shot that they had to take. I am not sure if it was a nurse or doctor that gave the shot to my sisters. When my sisters felt the needle, they cried and my mother cried as well. She was watching them take the shot. She was crying very loudly because she felt bad that they are crying because of the needle. I do not know how the doctor or nurse was reacting when she saw that scene.

3. Dad leaves when daughters have to get vaccinations

Last summer, my dad took me and my sisters to our pediatrician for a checkup. The pediatrician told us that we needed another vaccination shot. We felt tensed when we heard the word: vaccination shot. We wanted our father to stay with us and hold our hands. Unfortunately, our father decided to wait outside while we get the vaccination shot. He justified his reason by saying, "If I stay here in the room, then you girls will be more scared of the vaccination shot." He waited outside and we were screaming in our heads, "Daddy, don't go!" Eventually, we got the vaccination shot as our dad waited outside. We wondered why he would do that to us. Maybe he was trying to train us to be brave without him there. Maybe he was scared to see us get the shot because he will feel pain as well.

4. Eldest sister cannot "sleep away" from the needle

Besides my sisters that are fraternal twins, I also have an eldest sister. There was a day when she had to extract her wisdom teeth. During the surgery, she thought that she could fall asleep during the operation just like the ordinary teeth extractions. However, one of the nurses said, "Hey, miss. What are you doing? You know that you can't sleep during wisdom teeth extractions. After all, we do not have the things that can make you sleep like anesthesia." When my eldest sister heard that, she was screaming in her head. As the extraction began, she came to eye-to-eye with the needle and the needle took her wisdom teeth out. When she came home, she told me and my family about she was unable to "sleep away" from the needle. I am not sure what the size of the needle is, but I think it must be a big one for wisdom teeth extractions.

After hearing about our experiences, how you feel about needles now?