Fall is the best season.

14 Reasons I Fall In Love With Fall Every Time The Season Comes Around

Falling leaves, pumpkin spice, and everything nice.

110
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1509838174235-432f709c7bfd?ixlib=rb-0.3.5&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&s=504dc8a49eb15992c158f5e258dd7691&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1050&q=80

To show how much I enjoy fall, I wrote a little haiku. Here goes:

Fall is wonderful.

If you don't like fall, why though?

I love fall so much.

As you can see, poetry is definitely my strength. Here are 14 reasons why fall is the ultimate season. Don't fight me.

1. Halloween, duh.

Halloween is literally my favorite holiday, no questions asked. When I was a child, I got all dressed up and got a bunch of free candy. Now that I'm an adult, I still get all dressed up, but to go party with my friends and have a fun (and spooky) time. Also, it's haunted house season - need I say more?

2. Homecoming (and football in general).

Maybe I'm a little biased because I am a part of my school's homecoming planning committee, but homecoming is hands down, my favorite occasion on campus. Even though my school's team rarely wins, it is still so much fun to participate in all of the events leading up to the big game on Saturday, which includes a big concert, a canned food drive competition and many other exciting events.

3. Pumpkin everything.

I am most definitely not a PSL type girl, but I do love other pumpkin spice items, like cookies, pie, muffins, and, my personal favorite, homemade chocolate chip pumpkin bread!

P.S., if you like chai tea lattes from the good ol' Starbucks, try it with pumpkin spice added! It's literally like Christmas in a cup. 10/10 would recommend.

4. Hocus Pocus is playing on literally every channel. 

If you didn't grow up watching that movie around Halloween time, did you even have a childhood?

In all seriousness, Hocus Pocus is my absolute favorite fall movie, and if you have never seen it, let me know and I'll hook you up. Even though it is technically a children's movie, it can definitely be enjoyed by kids of all ages.

5. It's not hotter than hell at all hours. 

Well, not everywhere, of course; but in North Carolina, where I live, the weather goes from North Carizona to North Carocomfortable. And it's fantastic.

6. Flannels. That is all. 

Need something more than just a t-shirt and leggings? Add a flannel.

Wanna be cute and comfy at the same time? Add a flannel.

Bored and wanna go shopping? Do it in a flannel.

Flannels are awesome and if you disagree, well, you are wrong.

Also, if you don't get your flannels from the men's section of a thrift store, I'm judging you. They are the best, most comfiest and cutest oversized flannels ever. For like, $3.

7. It is the prettiest time of year. 

Leaves are changing to show their beautiful colors, the weather is gorgeous, it may snow a bit depending on where you live and that's pretty as well - fall is just stunning, okay?

You can't tell me that you don't love the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, or jumping into a big pile of leaves. Literally the best.

8. Fall break.

A blessing in disguise. Going to school in Eastern North Carolina, it rains. All the time. Add that to hurricane season, and fall break conveniently placed in the middle of the mix, and you get: fall break extensions due to school cancellation!

A few years ago, I was on fall break, preparing to return to school, and hurricane Matthew hit, and it hit hard. It just so happened to also be my birthday, but that is besides the point. Because of the damage that hurricane Matthew caused in my state,

9. Comfortable, cozy and cute clothing. 

Try saying that 5 times fast.

Fall is the time for oversized sweaters, fuzzy socks, scarves, boots and, as previously mentioned, flannels. And I love it. Who doesn't enjoy dressing cozy and cute at the same time? Can't do that in the summer, that's for sure.

10. Bugs have magically disappeared. 

Thank God.

11. Bonfires and s'mores. 

Need I say more?

Since there are no bugs, and the weather wont melt your clothing off, fall is the best time for gathering around a campfire and singing a campfire song (and enjoying a s'more, or two).

I hope someone caught the Spongebob reference there.

12. State and county fairs. 

Funnel cakes, candied apples, lemonade, cotton candy and giant ass turkey legs galore. Fairs are so much fun, from the rides, the food and the (sometimes) animals, or other entertainment.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate those huge like 40 feet slides? Yeah, those are the best. Climbing up those 100 something steps to get to the top over and over is definitely worth the 3 second ride down.

13. Thanksgiving. 

media.giphy.com

Thanksgiving food is the best. I mean, it should be, considering all the time and work that is put into preparing, cooking and serving it.

If I could eat copious amounts of deviled eggs, baked mac and cheese, turkey and dressing, beans and pumpkin pie every day without wanting to go into a food coma (and probably becoming morbidly obese) I totally would.

Not to mention, nothing is better than that nap you take after you eat like 12 plates of food.

14. Shopping. 

Black Friday comes earlier and earlier every year.

Black Friday also gets crazier and crazier every year.

But I love it.

I spend too much money on things during the after-Thanksgiving sales, but it's so worth it. The majority of the year, you cannot get deals like that.

This year, however, I will be on the retail side of things, working away at Bath and Body Works. More than likely, I will update via another Odyssey article.

I hope that you enjoy fall as much as I do. I mean, what's not to love?

Unless you live in a place where it snows like 2390 feet in the fall or it maintains a temperature of 101 degrees, fall is the best time of the year.