5 Things To Like About Fall Semesters
Education

5 Things To Like About Fall Semesters

There are a lot of things that I'm going to miss about fall semesters.

106
https://www.pexels.com/photo/autumn-autumn-colours-autumn-leaves-beautiful-355302/

I'm not leaving Villanova University just yet, but this was my last fall semester. Both semesters have some great things, but here are some things I'm going to miss about fall semester as a college student.

1. Orientation

Ah yes, those three days where most of the people are probably lost freshmen. You can't forget about the OCs in the bright colored t-shirts and their mascots. Personally, I found being an upperclassman during Orientation Week is much more fun than being a freshman. That probably comes with you know, having friends from the beginning. (On a side note, I would recommend participating the Diversity Skit- you make a great impact on the freshmen and you get to meet some chill but intelligent people.)

2. Activities Fair 

Otherwise known as that fun time where many of the clubs pull out all the stops to grab new members. From the judo club letting people flip their members to the men's swim club parading around on someone's shoulders with a sign, everyone's bound to sign up for at least one new club.

3. Warm weather

Thank global warming for this one- the warm weather stays out for longer during the fall semester so that's the time to enjoy the sun and the campus.

4. Catching up

Yeah, you get to catch up with people after winter break, but it's not the same you know. If winter break feels like a long time to be away from school, then summer vacation feels like forever and ever.

5. Overall feeling of hope

Fall semester for me has always been the semester of new beginnings for me. Maybe it's just the fact that it's a new school year so people seem more open to new things and new people, regardless of the year. Not that spring semester, new things can't happen, just that well, it just feels a little less awkward joining in at the beginning of the year rather than in the middle.

Still, there are always great things in the spring semester so I suppose we'll just have to take it as we come, huh?