10 Soulful Songs That Everyone Needs To Add To Their Fall Playlist

Grab a warm cup of coffee, watch the leaves change color, and enjoy your new playlist!

63

The weather is cooling down and the wind is picking up. Add on to your main character playlist with these 10 songs that effortlessly capture the spirit of fall.

1. "Cherry" by Harry Styles

Who doesn't love Harry Styles? "Cherry" has a soothing sound that comes from a guitar and harmonica melody. This song makes you feel like you're in the mountains.

2. "The Cave" by Mumford & Sons

I feel like everyone forgot about this band, but they are so good. I'm bringing this song out of the vault with its banjo vibes. Similar to "Cherry," this fast-paced song captures a more 'mountainy' sound.

3. "Cleopatra" by The Lumineers

I think we can all agree that any songs by this band is a BOP. This is my favorite song by The Lumineers because of the feeling it gives me. Whenever I'm feeling good and am walking to class or driving, this is one of the first songs that comes on.

4. "Girl" by SYML

This song is on my "morning coffee" playlist because it is super simple sounding and incorporates a lot of guitar and piano. It starts very soft and then eventually builds up into that main character vibe that everyone loves. I love a good song that has someone finger-picking a guitar.

5. "Beige" by Yoke Lore

If you have never heard any songs by Yoke Lore, this song will change your life. I can't even begin to explain how many feelings this song makes me feel. Do yourself a favor and just listen to it.

6. "Mess Is Mine" by Vance Joy

I feel like Vance Joy is solely known for his song "Riptide." However, this song is better than the classic. The music video for this song is actually kind of sad because it depicts global warming, but it still gives me goosebumps.

7. "Midnight Love" by girl in red

I like listening to this song on my bed with my eyes closed so that I can focus on every element on the song. This song sounds just as good when I'm driving in the car with the windows down.

8. "Never Going Home" by Hazel English

Talk about a song that makes you want to run to the sun and never look back. I think this song sounds best when you listen to it in the car while the sun is setting.

9. "Put Your Records On" by Ritt Momney

I feel like everyone knows this song from TikTok. This is a remix of Corinne Bailey Rae's original song "Put Your Records On." The original is so good, but there is something about this remix that adds a more modern sound. It has an auto-tuned portion towards the end that sounds awesome.

10. "Rain Clouds" by The Arcadian Wild

This song comes from a small folk band that not many people know about. This song is an inspiring tune that will make anyone feel like they can conquer the world. One of my favorite times to listen to this song is when I am feeling down or when I need a confidence booster. It starts off slow and becomes more intense. "Storm Clouds" is of my favorite songs that never fails to make me happy.

I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do. A lot of these songs have a lot of stringed instrument that give a cozy feel that is perfect as the weather cools down. Grab a warm cup of coffee, watch the leaves change color, and enjoy your new playlist!