Why I Am Fall-ing For This Time Of Year

Why I Am Fall-ing For This Time Of Year

Something about the warm colors, crisp weather, and festive traditions makes me want to savor every moment of this season.

16
Why I Am Fall-ing For This Time Of Year

Autumn is without a doubt my favorite season of the year. Something about the warm colors, crisp weather, and festive traditions makes me want to savor every moment. I am also grateful to live in the Midwest during this season, because it gives me the chance to experience all four seasons. Having the ability to see multiple transformations throughout the year is something that I will never take for granted. There is a certain beauty that comes with the changing of seasons, and Fall definitely doesn't disappoint in this category. I challenge you to venture outside during these next couple of months, and explore all of the charm and allurement that Autumn has to offer. I have listed below some of my favorite activities to do during this season, and I hope you all get the chance to try them as well. This time of year is filled with endless opportunities for memorable experiences, so let’s go out and enjoy them. Happy Fall! ❤️

Pumpkin Picking

Of course I had to start out this list with my all-time favorite Fall activity, going to the Pumpkin Patch! It is a tradition that I visit Vala’s Pumpkin Patch every single year with friends and family. There is something so comforting about walking around with a warm mug of Apple Cider, taking a hayrack ride out into the Pumpkin fields and running around whilst competing with your family to try and find the most perfect pumpkin.

Baking

Another classic Fall activity is baking. Not only do you get the chance to try some delicious treats, but you also get to make new memories with family. The simple act of gathering around the kitchen, taking out your Grandma’s famous recipes, and spending time together is what really makes this moment so special.

Apple Orchards

Along with picking pumpkins, I also love visiting the Apple Orchard and gathering some delicious apples. I recommend inviting all of your tallest friends, because they will come in handy when you want all of the good apples that are high up in the trees (ha!).

The Changing Leaves

There’s nothing quite like driving through a big long stretch of road, and you gaze out of your window and see all of the gorgeous trees changing color. The vibrant colors of orange, red, green, and yellow will have you stopping every 30 seconds to want to snap photos of it all.

Football Season

Oh, how I love football season. During high school we would anxiously await the end of each week, because that meant Friday night football games. Now that I am out of high school in currently experiencing my college years, this weekly football pastime has stepped up their game a little bit. I love the atmosphere that surrounds college football, with all of the festive gatherings and endless tailgates. This sport has a way of bringing everyone together, and it only happens once a year.

Cozy Clothes

Whenever I think of Fall, the first thing that comes to mind is all of the clothing! Layers upon layers of the coziest sweaters and neutral colored denim mean that you have endless opportunities to showcase your favorite pieces of clothing— while also staying warm. My go-to shops when looking for Autumn clothing are Madewell, J.Crew, Anthropologie and Zara.

Family Gatherings

The biggest reason that I am absolutely in love with the Fall season is attributed to emphasis put on spending time with loved ones. As soon as the weather gets a bit cooler and the leaves begin to fall from the trees, we immediately start craving more time spend with the ones who matter most. Fall is also home to one of the coziest holidays, also known as Thanksgiving. I think that this season is the perfect time for us to reconnect with friends and family, and to remember all of the aspects of our lives that we truly should be grateful for.

I hope you have enjoyed getting a little glimpse into what some of my favorite Fall festivities look like, and I wish you nothing but love and good times during this golden season. xo!