Moving On From Heartbreak

I know all about that one guy. You just can't stop thinking about him. You remember how comforting his hugs are and the strong scent of his cologne. You think about all the times he's made you laugh and how beautiful his smile is. You recall all those 2 AM conversations you had, both of you opening up to each other and then laughing until your stomach hurts.

You replay all the moments where you catch him glancing at you with that look in his eyes. Like he wants you. Like he needs you.

Except one day, it's like he's not the same person anymore. He doesn't look at you anymore. He doesn't give you those warm hugs you want. He doesn't give you that kiss you crave. Instead, he acts as though you're a nobody to him. Like you aren't worth his time and his only goal is to waste yours. You start freaking out and keep thinking that you did something wrong. That you are somehow at fault for his cold behavior.

I'm here to tell you that his hurtful attitude is not your fault.

Whether you're able to admit it or not, you fell in love with this guy. You became so attached to him that your heart aches every time he doesn't pick up your call anymore or doesn't reply to your text like he used to. You want to scream at him every time he looks past you or ignores you like you mean nothing.

And girl, I am so sorry. I'm sorry that you have to go through all this confusion and that your heart feels like such a sloppy mess right now. Just know that any guy who wastes your time by dragging you along his emotional roller coaster instead of being honest about his feelings does not deserve you.

I'm not gonna tell you to stop crying. I'm sure that's the last thing you wanna hear right now. You just can't seem to control it, right? Every time you do get that chance to speak with him about what's happening, the tears just start pouring and your voice starts shaking uncontrollably. You can't get a hold of yourself and you hate yourself for it.

But even after you pour out your heart to him, he still tells you the same old speech about how much you mean to him and that he'll try to do better. Except when that conversation ends, his words fade away into nothing and the cycle begins again.

At this point, no matter how many times you call him or how many heartfelt paragraphs you text him, he won't come back to you.

The sweet and charming guy you fell in love with is gone. Because guys like him prioritize. For a good time, you were his priority and he gave you his full attention, manipulating you to feel like the luckiest girl in the world. But right now, you are not his priority, something or someone else is. And you are left heartbroken and confused, wondering where it all went wrong. But what you should really be telling yourself is, "He is not the person I fell in love with, and if he does not prioritize me, I have to stop prioritizing him."

In the end, every text and phone call he receives from you boosts his ego so much, he feels like a catch. Sometimes guys like him will only keep you around as that other option and to remember how wanted they are. He'll say anything to make sure you don't move on from him and keep giving you the false hope that one day he will be yours again.

Ladies, don't fall victim to his manipulative words too many times... because several months or years later, when you finally find the courage to let him go, your heart might be beyond repair.

I know that being with the guy you love might give you those butterflies that make you feel like it's meant to happen, but there's a limit to how much of yourself you're willing to lose in that process. There is only so much your heart can take, so you need to find the courage to face the reality that he will only keep hurting you. People in your life will always come and go. Just know that when that one guy comes around and treats you like the queen you are, you'll look back at that other guy you used to love and be grateful that he is where he belongs: in the past.