Fall Fashion Trends For 2016

Fall Fashion Trends For 2016

It is time to say good bye to the summer and greet fall with a welcoming hello.

5
Fall Fashion Trends For 2016
Huffington Post

As soon as I feel a breeze of cold air kiss my cheek or watch as a leaf gently floats from the top of the tree to meet the ever so chilled autumn ground, I know it is time to say goodbye to summer and greet fall with a welcoming hello. There are so many reasons why this season is loved by the majority of the population, such as football, Halloween, pumpkin picking and of course, my favorite reason, the new fall fashion trends! I am not your typical fashionista but I do know a thing or two about looking fabulous this season. Here are eight fall fashion trends you should definitely try this year. Who knows, maybe you’ll become a trendsetter on your campus.

1. Statement Furs

Now, I know what you’re thinking... fur? I am not implying for you to harm any animals nor spend half of your college tuition on a mink, but accent furs give almost any casual look a fuzzy new feeling. Trust me, furs will warm your body and your heart. Pair them with sweaters and color jeans for a colorful and eye catching fashion statement.

2. Mini Skirts

Plaid, denim, corduroy and leather oh my! Pick your favorite pattern or material and let the fun begin. Mix and match with baggy sweaters, cardigans, infinity scarfs and all your other fall accessories. Stockings come in a wide range of colors, patterns and textures, too. There are endless combinations!

3. Chokers

Calling all 90s gals! This has got to be the best news ever, I mean like totally! Chokers have made an official comeback and are better than ever. Dress up any outfit with a fitted charming felt and stone necklace, or go old school and wear your black stretchy choker from middle school!

4. Dark Lipstick

It’s time to shy away from the hot pink and bright reds this season. Tie your entire look together with a captivating lip color. Maroon, toffee, cocoa, deep amethyst and royal purple are just a few that will surely take your outfit to the next level. Be adventurous when trying new shades!

5. Boyfriend Jeans

You can be single and still rock boyfriend jeans. These jeans are super comfortable and can be worn casually or even a little formally. How you accessorize can make all the difference. Don’t stress finding the perfect shoes because ballet flats, sneakers, chunky heels or booties can make the outfit complete!

6. Knee High Sock- Boot Combo

Time to hide your summer pedicure in the best combo known to fashion, knee high socks and boots! I know you have the cutest socks and boots sitting in your room calling your name since you put them there at the end of last winter. It’s finally time to answer! Wear this crowd favorite combo with jeans, skirts or even floral dresses! The options are endless!

7. Flannels

I’m not sure who said flannels were only a Friday thing because I’m pretty sure they are a fall thing. Flannels could very well be the most comfortable article of clothing I own, and I own more than I’d like to admit. Some are even men’s because let’s face it ladies, guys have comfy clothes! The ways to wear flannels are always expanding, so be creative and have fun in those festive plaid colors!

8. Scarves

I know you were waiting to see this on the list. Scarves! Who does not love them? They keep you warm, they dress up an outfit, they always look so darn comfy and you can hide behind them in class. I mean, there really are countless benefits to them. Infinity scarfs and even just a regular knit scarf have the potential to transform any outfit and keep you cozy all at the same time! Like I said, who does not love them?