To The Friendships That Faded Away

To The Friendships That Faded Away

Thank You For Our Friendship Even Though It Didn't Last

18
To The Friendships That Faded Away
PopSugar

I don't know why but something out of the blue made me think about the late night runs we made to target. We would try on half of the clothes in the closet, dance until we were out of breath, and spend the whole night chasing my cat around my room. I miss those times and the person who would accompany through so many adventures. I thought about you and the friendship we had. I thought about the times we shared.

I miss them.

I miss the people who were friends for just a brief moment. Here today, and like the changing of a season, gone. There are so many friends that I have left behind. Left behind for school or because our lives simply went in different directions. Some friendships ended on back terms but they were still friends for a little while.

I often sit back and reminisce on the old days and wonder where I would be without certain people. With out those certain people I wouldn't be who I am to this day. I would not be the bluntly passionate person who has an amazing group of friends without our friendship.

And yet... We do not have a friendship any more. I miss our friendship.

I truly miss the conversations we had. We would spend all night talking about nonsense and jumping around like crazy. Running through the snow on our days off from school but I am glad to have moved on. Moving on from our friendship is better. We are in different stages of life. You are in a different location and have different interests. It happens and I do not want you to feel as though I am writing this because I am glad our friendship ended. I am not but without the changes, we would have not moved forward in our lives. Friendships change just as we change. The girl I am today looks and acts nothing like I did four years ago. I would never want to go back because I would have never had the experience and learned everything that I did.

I have new friends and I can't necessarily say that those will last, either, but what I can say is that I enjoy them. I do enjoy them now. They are important to me. Friendships I have today, I do enjoy. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but they all won't last. I do not want to sound pessimistic but real. Not all the people I called friends eight, four, or even two years ago are my friends today. I am only friends with one person from my graduating class, other than my twin sister. I don't want it to sound like I purposely let go of friendships, we just couldn't keep keep them going.

So, before this turn too negative, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all the fun times. You were there for me when I needed a person like you. We might not be friends to this day but you were so important to me and my growth. Good luck and enjoy your new friendships and I hope that you can grow from them.