An Open Letter To The White Mom 'Karens' Of Facebook

Dear White Moms On Facebook, Please Stop Posting, You Need To Take A Break

Seriously, please stop posting.

5200

Dear White Moms on Facebook,

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter in its entirety. Hopefully, it finds you well. This notice is to inform you that everyone on Facebook thinks your online presence is insufferable and toxic and to ask you to please take a week off from posting about your glaringly uninformed political views.

Considering the frequency with which you comment and post on Facebook, it's safe to say that everyone knows where you stand on current issues. Believe it or not, we know that you think that the Black Lives Matter protests have "crossed the line" yet again by loudly protesting police brutality in Portland. We're all aware that you're "swearing off watching major league sports" because athletes had the audacity to kneel before games. We know you think schools should "reopen right this instant," we know that you think wearing a mask is "an infringement on your constitutional rights," and we know that you think that the president has handled the coronavirus "absolutely brilliantly."

We know.

You can stop posting about it.

Here's the thing, white moms on Facebook: You're wrong.

You're wrong for wishing harm upon the BLM protesters and for supporting the secret police forces snatching them from their own streets. You're wrong for boycotting private companies because of their desires to do better on civil rights issues and to allow free speech within their organizations. You're wrong about school reopenings, and you're wrong about mask-wearing, and you're woefully wrong in your analysis of the actions of this president.

The uncomfortable reality for all of you is that you'll deny being wrong until the bitter end.

You'll act offended online when people try to correct you or point out that the things you're posting as facts are actually unproven conspiracy theories. You'll ask that everyone please stop being so political online and you'll plead that everyone just get along, and in the same breath call your kids' friends "completely uneducated" and refer to them as "damned libtards." You'll preface all of your political comments and posts on Facebook with "not trying to be political" and close with heart emojis to make any criticism of your shitty politics look like a personal attack on you or your character. Everyone has seen the way you approach politics on Facebook and we're all growing weary of it.

Please, for the love of god, stop posting on Facebook.

When you take some time off for self-reflection, maybe you'll discover what the rest of us already know from looking at your timeline: you're making a fool out of yourself, you're embarrassing your kids, and you're leaving a trail of misinformation, hatred, lies, and severed friendships all over the internet. You are openly and proudly on the wrong side of history and the world will judge you for it.

Dear white moms on Facebook, please STOP POSTING.

Sincerely,

The rest of us