Exploring Atlanta: Pokémon Go Edition

Exploring Atlanta: Pokémon Go Edition

Gotta Catch 'Em All? Here's Where to Find the Most Pokémon in ATL!

219
Exploring Atlanta: Pokémon Go Edition
Anime Heaven

Whether you used to be a fan or just downloaded the app, you can’t deny that Pokémon Go is insanely popular. And whether you want to admit it or not, you probably played a part in making it the app with the highest number of downloads in its first week. Since its release, it has only gotten increasingly popular, especially in more populated urban areas. Not only are more Pokémon likely to spawn in more populated areas, but the more users on the interface in a certain place at the same time draws more Pokémon to the area. It is because of this gaming design that makes Atlanta the perfect place to become the Pokémon trainer you always dreamed of.

But where in Atlanta are the best places to search for Pokémon? The answer—all of the unique neighborhoods and areas of Atlanta. It is in these neighborhoods that you will not only get to experience each of their respective flares, but also catch even the most elusive of Pokémon.

So here it goes, some Atlanta neighborhoods and areas you should check out just because, but also for the Pokémon!

Little Five Points

Known for its punk and hipster vibes, Little Five is one of the most eclectic areas of Atlanta. It not only features some of the most diverse shopping options, but also some of the best burgers in Atlanta at the Vortex. It’s a place every college student in Atlanta should experience but also where every up-and-coming Pokémon trainer should go to master their craft.

Atlantic Station

Atlantic Station not only houses everything from IKEA, to Target, to an ice skating rink in the winter, but is also extremely walker-friendly. It is the perfect place to get some shopping done, but also doubles the benefits because you will hatch eggs before you know it. Not to mention it houses a ton of PokéStops, which help to replenish your supplies- especially if you are as bad at throwing Pokéballs as I am.

Ponce City Market

This has very quickly become one of my favorite buildings in Atlanta. Ponce City Market is a hip new retail area in the heart of Atlanta. However, it isn’t the location that makes it so amazing, it’s the building itself. The old Sears, Roebuck & Co building has been repurposed into a metropolitan hub with everything from food, décor, and clothing. It also plays host to PokéStops, not only in the building, but also around the building, all within walking distance.

Piedmont Park

Piedmont Park is essentially Atlanta’s Central Park. It’s the perfect place to go have a weekend picnic, but even more perfect for finding Pokémon. It has held numerous Pokémon meetups already. The park itself not only has a plethora of grass types to find, but also the surrounding areas, including the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.

Zoo Atlanta

Zoo Atlanta is home to all sorts of creatures, both real and of the Poké variety. It's also home to a number of PokéStops. They have done an amazing job integrating the stops into exhibits, as well as making it an interactive aspect for all visitors.

Midtown

A thriving part of Atlanta, always bustling with young professionals. And what do said young professionals do in their down time? Play Pokémon Go, of course. Midtown is a very walkable area full of tons of attractions, including the High Museum of Art.

City Center West

This is an area that is right in the middle of Atlanta and houses everything from Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, and Hard Rock Café. Again, like other areas, it is also walker-friendly and has a ton of PokéStops. However, while I know you gotta catch ‘em all, there are also a ton of sights in this area that are must-see Atlanta landmarks.