Having Faith In His Faithfulness

Having Faith In His Faithfulness

Experiencing the faithfulness of God

103
Having Faith In His Faithfulness
Salem Web Network

"Great is Thy Faithfulness" is a hymn I've grown up singing since I was a little girl, but it wasn't until lately that I really started latching onto the lyrics.

"Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not

As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning new mercies I see;

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"

Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

If my four years in college have taught me anything, It has taught me about the never-ending, steadfast, unchanging faithfulnessof God. This past year, in particular, has been one of the hardest and most challenging of all. It’s one thing for one to simply say "He is faithful," but it’s another thing to have the experience and look back on past situations and see his hand at work in specific situations in your life. There are trials I’ve been through that I know only he could have brought me out of, and there are blessings I’ve experienced because of simply having FAITH in His FAITHFULNESS.

"God is faithful"

I don’t say that lightly or without thought. I say that because it is true, and I have discovered that it is true no matter what is happening in my life he is faithful to what he said he would do for me in his word.

I think of Abraham and Sarah in the Bible when I think of his faithfulness. Sarah was promised a son, and didn't have one until she was in her old age. Was Sarah hoping that she would've had a child sooner? I'm sure. Did the Lord fulfill his promise to her? yes! but. . . In his timing. If there's one thing I feel that the Lord is trying to teach me in this season is that His timing is perfect, and he knows whats best for us! One of my very favorite scriptures comes from Luke 1:45 which simply says, "And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord." I look back to a certain situation I was in a few months ago and felt like I couldn't see a way out, but he came on the scene right on time answered me in a way greater than I could have ever imagined. All I can say is God is faithful. Now, this doesn'tmean that He will wave a magic wand and everything will fall into place; that's far from it. What it DOES mean is that in the darkest times in our lives we will learn to keep turning our faith towards Him for He is faithful. Faithful to be with me, faithful to watch over me and take care of me, and faithful to work in me all that the Lord has called me to be.