I'm A Christian, But I Visited A Psychic Medium

It’s not all crystal balls. Spiritualism is a science.

2136

Recently, my mom and I took a day trip to a small town in central Florida known as Cassadaga. My mom had wanted to visit this town for the last six years, and I decided to treat her to a trip for her upcoming birthday. Growing up, my mom was always intrigued by crystals, energy, spirits and the like. I was intimidated by the thought of spirits, but I often found crystals enticing. However, I never carried my interests beyond these stones.

In the days preceding my trip, my mom said she wanted me to get read by a psychic medium. I was hesitant at first and feared what would be revealed if I allowed someone to “read” me. Still, I remained unsure about our trip to this mysterious town, so I decided to do my research like any good skeptic. I looked up their website and discovered something interesting about this town. It was a spiritualist camp. The core foundation of spiritualism is “to promote an individual’s personal experience with God.” I was shocked, but slowly became more intrigued and reinsured about our upcoming venture. I read on and discovered that the camp had several ordained ministers who are certified healers or mediums. This was nothing like I thought it was.

The day finally arrived that we were off to Cassadaga. After two and a half hours driving on back county roads to avoid the interstate traffic, we finally arrived to Cassadaga. We walked through the welcome center first before being overcome by our appetites. We ate at the Hotel Cassadaga in a delicious Italian restaurant. Next, we ventured to find someone to do my reading. My mom wanted to walk on the outskirts of the town to find someone to do my reading; however, the two houses we walked in did not seem legitimate or inviting to me, so we returned to the welcome center once more. There, we found a list of certified mediums, and I was drawn to a name on the board. I called the medium and walked down to her house in Cassadaga. As soon as we met, we connected. We began with a prayer before she began my reading. She did not even ask my name, but began to spout intimate details about my life that she couldn’t have possibly known. She explained to me what it meant to be a medium, a healer and one with one’s Spirit. After my allotted thirty minutes, we hugged and we left her house.

After my reading, I felt rejuvenated. I have been going through a tough time in my life, and my reading, or my Spiritual counseling, quieted my soul in ways I couldn’t explain. I didn’t tell her anything about my life until after the reading was over. She knew exactly what was on my heart and my mind before I could say anything. After my reading, I am redirecting my life in a more positive way. While readings may not be for everyone, and not all mediums are as honest and institutive as mine, my experience with a psychic medium completely opened my mind to the intricate nature of spiritualism and spirituality.If you are interested in learning more about the medium I visited, please visit

http://www.cassadaga.org