What To Expect When You're Expecting... A Puppy.

What To Expect When You're Expecting A Puppy

Treats, toys and a whole lot of attachment issues.

27

After opting not to take a little this past recruitment season, I ultimately convinced myself that it would be a practical idea. I have found myself to be extremely busy within these past few months and did not feel that I would be able to devote the proper amount of time to be a fantastic big at this time in my life.

Yet, after watching all of my sorority sisters crafting gift baskets and buying t-shirts for their littles, I could not help but feel a slight twinge of regret. I told myself that the opportunity would arise again next year, though I also felt I needed something to fill the void in the meantime - and what better to fill that void than the puppy I have been talking about buying for the past three years?

I would not consider this an impulse buy, but I did happen to find what I hope to be the perfect Pomeranian puppy within a matter of minutes on the internet. Twelve-week-old Hershey - soon to be Remy - is set to arrive within the next week, and there was nothing more satisfying than pressing the "purchase" button on my laptop. Though it was at that moment that I truly realized I have absolutely no idea regarding what to expect when you're expecting a puppy.

After completing a vast amount of research (vast meaning roughly one hour of Google searching), I came across a plethora of information about the care that these dogs require. They must be groomed every four to six weeks, have regular veterinary check-ups, and - best of all, - they have serious attachment issues. This is not to mention the fact that they require a significant amount of toys to play with due to the fact that they often get "bored" with the same toy rather quickly.

Regardless of the stress I may have involuntarily put myself under, I am beyond excited to welcome this adorable Pomeranian puppy into my home. Though I know very little of what to expect, one thing I do know is that I will be sure Remy will be spoiled rotten and given the love and care he deserves. Oh, and from this point on, my Instagram will most likely consist strictly of photos of me and my Pom... apologies in advance.