Things You Should Expect During Your DCP

5 Things You Should Expect During The First Week Of Your Disney College Program

Set yourself up for success.

187

Whether you're moving to Florida as a College Program or International College Program intern, there are a few things that all new CPs go through before they get access to the parks. Knowing about these things beforehand will help you better prepare for what's to come, and maybe even help you get even more excited for your upcoming program.

1. You're going to meet a lot of people.

Alexis Brownhttps://unsplash.com/photos/CHVxjYg6S0k

During the first week of your DCP, you're going to meet way too many people. This will seem overwhelming at first, especially if you're not good with names. Nevertheless, this will be one of the most important things (if not THE most important thing) you will do during your entire program. Getting to know new people will set the tone for the rest of your time in Orlando, because you will now have a ton of new friends to hang out in and out of the parks with!

2. You're going to resort hop. A lot.

Mariamichellehttps://pixabay.com/en/orlando-florida-architecture-sky-981748/

Since you won't have park admission just yet, you're probably going to want to visit all the different resorts that Walt Disney World has to offer, as well as other stuff around Orlando. This is a truly great experience that you might not have had the chance to do in the past, simply because you were too busy touring the parks. Make sure to take in all the different activities that Orlando has to offer, especially the free stuff.

3. You're going to miss your family.

https://unsplash.com/photos/NhU0nUR7920Arthur Poulin

It's important to note that during the first week of your DCP, you will be moving into an entirely new home, with new roommates, and you're going to start a new job. All of this will seem quite a bit overwhelming at first, and you're going to miss your family, your friends, and your home. If you're ever feeling really down, don't be afraid to tell your roommates and your friends. You might be surprised to learn that they're feeling the exact same way, and maybe then you won't feel as lonely.

4. You're going to do a lot of cleaning up.

congerdesignhttps://pixabay.com/en/clean-rag-cleaning-rags-budget-571679/

As soon as you've completed your check-in, you're going to run to your apartment only to open the door and step into a dusty, dirty, old place. It won't feel very homey right off the bat, so you and your roommates will probably want to clean up before you actually start moving in and decorating. This would also be a good time to make a chore chart in order to keep the apartment ready for inspections.

5. You won't be able to contain your excitement.

bohedhttps://pixabay.com/en/happy-happiness-joy-young-smile-572547/

I promise you will scream and shout every single time you drive below the famous Walt Disney World Resort sign, and that's totally okay. You're about to spend the next few months living and being a cast member at the Place Where Dreams Come True, and it's honestly going to feel like a dream in itself. Make sure to take in all of this excitement, because this is a time in your life that you will never get back.

Whether you're very excited, very overwhelmed, or all of the above, the first week of your Disney College Program will definitely be a whirlwind of emotions. Just remember to sit back and meditate every once in a while, because you've been given an opportunity that a lot of people would die for. Enjoy each and every single day, because it will go by so fast. I promise that by the time your program ends, you're going to yearn for the time when you couldn't even get into the parks yet.