Exercise As An Outlet

Exercise As An Outlet

Exercise is not just about being physically healthy, it can also serve as a healthy outlet for emotions.

121
Exercise As An Outlet
Parade.com

I wouldn't consider myself athletic, but I am coordinated enough that I can enjoy exercising. Whether I'm playing a team sport or exercising on my own, I've noticed one major benefit of exercising (besides the obvious one, physical health).

Exercising also helps to improve my emotional health by serving as an outlet for feelings such as frustration, anger, and aggression. Basically, sports and exercising help me to release all of those pent-up emotions I've kept inside during the day. So exercise pretty much helps to keep me sane by serving as a healthy outlet for negative emotions.

Exercising indoors is good, but exercising outdoors is even better. There is definitely something about being outdoors that breathes life into the soul while at the same time healing it. Maybe it's the Vitamin D you receive from the sun or the experience of observing the natural beauty of the earth, but whatever the case is, being outdoors can be a peaceful, restorative experience.

I'm not suggesting exercise is going to solve all of your problems. It won't. I'm also not suggesting that one form of exercise is right for everyone. Not everyone is the same, so find the sport or type of exercise that works best for you. For example, I love running and playing sports that involve lots of cardio because that's how I let off steam. However, maybe yoga is more your thing. Yoga doesn't work for me because my mind gets restless and I have a hard time sitting still, but hey, maybe that's just what you need after a hectic day.

Basically, exercising is about more than just physical health. When you exercise, your brain releases endorphins that help to keep you feeling happy. Our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health are all connected and incredibly important to our overall well-being. So take care of yourself, be kind to your body, and find a healthy, safe outlet for those pent-up emotions.