Why You Should Be Excited For Graduate School

New school, new you!

758
postgradproblems.com

Change is something that can scare someone but with the right attitude and positive thinking you can find good things amongst change

I'm about to start graduate school early next month and here are a couple of things to explain why I'm excited for graduate school and why if you're starting graduate school or thinking about it you should be excited for it

1. STARTING NEW AGAIN

If you ever wanted to just have a fresh start where no one knew you, your past mistakes, or even trying to get over an annoying ex then graduate school is the place to have a fresh start. New GPA, New outlook, New friends. New New New. It is a time to re-invent yourself a la Madonna possibly changing old bad habits and moving to a new place.

2. TEACHING EXPERIENCE

In a lot of graduate programs students can be a TA for a class or two. Not only is this experience PAID but you get to learn great skills that can be super useful later in any type of setting whether your plans are to continue teaching or even going to a professional school. They say if you can teach it then you've mastered the concepts. These types of opportunities don't just always come they should be cherished even if you're afraid to teach it is something that I feel everyone should at least experience once.

3. NEW CITY, TOWN, PLACE

If you have been surrounded by the same environment for most of your life then going to graduate school in a different environment will be great not only personally but culturally. Exploring a new place opens your eyes to what is out there outside that bubble. You have a chance to discover a place that you would have most likely not encountered have you stayed in your safe space. A new place makes you grow, but everything in moderation remember you're there to be a student first and foremost.

4. DATING

If you have gotten bored with the same people in your area then going to graduate school is probably a good start to find a whole different pool of people to date. It is true that birds of a feather flock together so if you were always a different type of bird in the same bird flock then maybe its time to fly away for a bit to see if you find a bird like yourself. Chances are going to graduate school is a step towards who you're supposed to be with!

5. EDUCATION

The education you will get is incredible. You will be learning more than the average person who has finished college. This is a time that you immerse yourself into your work and really try to make a contribution. Use this sacred time to answer as much questions as you can about your topic of interest you'll be a better person at the end of all the madness and stress.