3 Post-Holiday Tips For Finishing The Semester Off Strong

Post holiday slump is a real thing. Save this article or share it with others, to finish the semester strong.

13
Unsplash via Tim Gouw
1. Write down your finals from hardest to easiest

It is important to study for each class you are taking, but some classes need a little more attention than others. Out of my five courses I am taking this semester, I know my science course is the hardest. When I write down my schedule for the week, my science course is always on top of that list. This eases the tension and anxiety of trying to juggle all five courses. Make sure that you are realistic when you write down how long you will study for. Instead of studying for three hours, break each hour throughout the day.

2. Double check your syllabus for any extra credit opportunities

Some professors tend to be sneaky and place any extra credit towards the end of the semester. This could be either revising a paper or watching a documentary and writing an analysis over it. Whether you have a 99.6% or a 75.8% in your course, it is always a good idea to do some extra credit. It might be an hour or two of your free time, but it will help your grade in the long run. I appreciate professors who tend to give extra credit out, because they understand not every exam or project will be feasible for every student.

3. Watch your favorite holiday shows or movies in between study times or on the weekends.

This one is an optional one. The reason behind watching a holiday show or movie roots from how tired we students feel - post-final season. There were some semesters in high school that I did not feel the "Christmas spirit" or any sort of holiday cheer, because finals drained me. I think watching something that gets your mind off finals and prepares you for family time, can be helpful. Some of my favorite shows to watch with Christmas specials would be New Girl and Modern Family. Some Christmas classic movies that are my favorites are Home Alone, The Santa Claus 3: The Escape Claus, and Last Christmas.

I hope this helps any high school or college student out there. Right now the more support we have, the better we feel, and the more motivated we are. You can do this!