To The Ex Who Made Me Feel I Was Never Enough
relationships

To the boy who made me feel like I was never enough, this one's for you.

6281

You always made feel like I was never enough. You not only made me feel that way, you told me that too. You made me feel like you were too good for me and as if I was "lucky" to have you. You started off so perfect. You told me everything I wanted to hear, from you're the most beautiful girl in the world to talking about a future. After a while, that all went away. You started to control me, from the music I listened to the social media sites I was"allowed" to have.

You made me feel like I had nobody, but you. You would never want me around my friends. You never wanted me around my family. You always wanted me confined to you and the worst part is I thought it was okay.

You were so controlling. You wouldn't allow me to have Instagram because you thought it was a gateway to cheating. You wouldn't let me listen to certain genres of music for the simple fact as you didn't like that. You wanted all my passwords, locations, schedules and everything.

You cheated, not once, not twice, but several times. Every time you were confronted on this, you lied. I was in surgery and you were in the waiting room on Tinder cheating on me. You caused so many trust issues, but every time I said something you would always turn it around on me. You would always blame “my attitude" as to why you had to cheat.

You were so mean to me. From constantly telling me to lose weight to pointing out small flaws, it was constant. You didn't tell me happy birthday for two years, you didn't come to my birthday dinner, and Valentine's Day you didn't even take me out or get me anything.

You just never cared.

I thought you were the best thing for me, but you weren't. Leaving you was the hardest and best thing I ever did. What I thought was going to be the death of me was my saving grace.